Turbo ??'s

Rich

Registered
I was looking at the stage 1 super kaos kit. They said that it includes everything including new fuel pump and regulator. He said that it will take the power up to 260hp on a stock motor. It is 4300$ I would like to know you guys opinions on this set up and about some other kits if you like them better (including price and if everything is included). I have heard of the hahn, what do you guys think about that one??

Kevin is a good guy and honest. I am not sure about his setup. I think he is using velocity setup. Ask what type of fuel pump and fuel rail. what type of gauges and type of Turbo. Price is good. If you were to buy a Hahn and modify the system with a bigger rail ,pump and gauges it would be around that price. You should also check about blow off valve and fuel regulator (type). I think he is using Cartec but I am not sure.

The very very most important thing is the tunning. Do not even attempt a Turbo install with out basic tune knowledge, or have some one around that knows. If you do not set the system just right with timing etc. you will melt the motor. kevin will give you all the answers you need. If you need more help after finding the info let me know.

Thanks NE I figured that you answer. I will find out all of the things that you just mentioned and let you know. I planned on taking it to some one to have it installed and tuned. I could probably install it, I can follow directions. But I would jack up the tuning I don't have the first bit of knowledge about it. Thanks again.

Anytime Bro. You ahve one up on me, I would not atempt the install when I had it done. Now I could do some tunning anyway.
biggrin.gif

I was looking at the stage 1 super kaos kit.  They said that it includes everything including new fuel pump and regulator. He said that it will take the power up to 260hp on a stock motor. It is 4300$  I would like to know you guys opinions on this set up and about some other kits if you like them better (including price and if everything is included).  I have heard of the hahn, what do you guys think about that one??
Rich,

I placed my deposit last Thursday for the Velocity stage 1 kit. After doing my homework, I decided quality was worth the extra money. I also liked the fact that I can upgrade to the stage 2 kit and reuse most of the parts I already have. Kevin (Superkaos) will be installing mine for me. I live about 3 hours North of him car time and 1 hour busa time.

Chris

Cool I am going to get the set up with in a couple of months.
Rich,

Just a word of advice...the kit only requires a $1500 deposit to start getting built. If you are stalling for a couple of months because of the money, you can put the deposit down and save up the rest while being built. I would go stir crazy waiting 2 months to send the deposit, and then another month after that to get it built. Just my $0.02

Chris

I did not know that. It takes a month to get built? I could send them half now and the rest next month. I get my bonus next month.

Rich,

I didn't know that either until I talked to superkaos on the phone about it. The way his deal works is if you get it installed through him, you pay $1500 deposit, the kit gets built in 4-6 weeks, then you bring him your bike, he installs it for you, and when it is all said and done and tuned, you pay the remainder of the balance.

So if you can swing $1500 now, it is best to call up Barry and get it start being built. You have to fax over a copy of your drivers license and credit card and tell them you authorize the deposit for the stage 1 hayabusa kit.

Also, are you getting the full exhaust or the dump pipe? You can get either of them for that price, and it costs $250 extra to get both.

So your in the Air Force? I'm in the Navy stationed at Patrick AFB in Florida.

Chris

That is cool. I will not be having it installed by him. I am going to have a shop that is about an hour away from here install it. The exhaust costs 250$ more? I just want the dump pipe.

That is cool.  I will not be having it installed by him.  I am going to have a shop that is about an hour away from here install it. The exhaust costs 250$ more?  I just want the dump pipe.
Rich,

The exhaust comes standard with the kit. If you want the dump pipe also, it will be an extra $250. But you can do what I did, swap the full exhaust for the dump pipe. If the dump pipe is too loud for you, Velocity will sell the full exhaust to you for $250. I asked them to put it on my receipt just in case I wanted it.

Chris

I would rather do it that way. I have dual D&D's right now so I was told that it probably would not be any louder than that, until the blow out valve releases.

I am going to sell them.  I really won't have a use for them anymore.
Rich,

I was going to buy that exact exhaust at one time before I decided on the turbo. A friend of mine likes the sound of the exhaust, let me know how much you want for it and he might want it. It will take him a few months to save up while you wait on the turbo.

By the way, did you put the deposit down yet?

Chris

I would like 515$ including shipping. They are a 950$ retail. Let him know. They sound awesome.

Rich & others, I am a Velocity turbo systems distributer. If you want to save money when ordering a Velocity system, do it through Me. Nobody will give you a good a deal as I can.

Btw, Velocity only sells their systems at the listed retail price. There is no price reduction when buying straight from Velocity. But if you have one of their systems, they will still give you the same customer support.

Frank

Rich & others, I am a Velocity turbo systems distributer. If you want to save money when ordering a Velocity system, do it through Me. Nobody will give you a good a deal as I can.

Btw, Velocity only sells their systems at the listed retail price. There is no price reduction when buying straight from Velocity. But if you have one of their systems, they will still give you the same customer support.

Frank
Good info. Thanks Frank

Back