Turbo List, What else do I need?

gsx1300rr

Registered
I am building a turbo bike over the winter and picking up parts here and there. This is the list I have so far of stuff to get, but since this is my first turbo bike i'm not sure if I am missing out on anything big (or small).
Does anyone know if the 9.5 to 1 pistons are low enough compression pistons? and with those, is it still a smart idea to get the 0.080 spacer?

My goal is to build a bullet proof bike that makes 275-300hp and is a daily driver.
If anyone could tell me what else I am missing that would be great!
Even gaskets, or where to go for a set.
I added the excel attachment to the thread. Thanks guys

Attachments

• Hayabusa Turbo Componants List..xlsx
    8.7 KB · Views: 197
The real answer to to simply ask Richard so that all the parts work together as a complete package. You are already starting off great by getting the kit from him but I would spend the time talking to him. I was on the phone with him for 20 minutes and we talked about what my issues were and where I wanted to end up at before I ordered my kit with a couple of changes to suit my needs.

If your going to go in the engine for new con rods and pistons why not backcut the tranny and change out the bearings? Not trying to spend your money but if your already set on cracking open the engine it is something that I would do.

Richard usually has a low price offering on con rods arund christmas time, you may want to wait on the purchase of the rods unit then or simply ask him about that.

The real answer to to simply ask Richard so that all the parts work together as a complete package. You are already starting off great by getting the kit from him but I would spend the time talking to him. I was on the phone with him for 20 minutes and we talked about what my issues were and where I wanted to end up at before I ordered my kit with a couple of changes to suit my needs.

If your going to go in the engine for new con rods and pistons why not backcut the tranny and change out the bearings? Not trying to spend your money but if your already set on cracking open the engine it is something that I would do.

Richard usually has a low price offering on con rods arund christmas time, you may want to wait on the purchase of the rods unit then or simply ask him about that.

Thanks, thats the kind of feedback I am looking for. I never really have spoken with Richard but his reputation precedes him and i've heard nothing but good. I will be sure to look at bearings as well.

Good luck on your project.:beerchug:

Be prepared for a heavy package, that sucker weighed 50# when the UPS delivered it. And it comes from Canada so that is an additional cost to your kit you should not be suprised by. And there is a Canadian tax or some type of charge that is also added, I don't have my receipt in front of me to tell you what it is. Expect 4-6 weeks lead time and plan accordinly.

I looked up bearings and found some Ceramic bearings for about $400 that sounds a bit pricey, does anyone know the advantage they have over stock? Are stock bearings usually a weak link?

the ceramic bearings are only the trans bearings
the split bearings in the motor still need replaced when splitting the cases and putting in new rods
a set usually are 200-250 counting the gaskets for the setup

Good luck on your project.:beerchug:

Be prepared for a heavy package, that sucker weighed 50# when the UPS delivered it. And it comes from Canada so that is an additional cost to your kit you should not be suprised by. And there is a Canadian tax or some type of charge that is also added, I don't have my receipt in front of me to tell you what it is. Expect 4-6 weeks lead time and plan accordinly.

Ha ha, there is no Canadian tax added, if you did recieve an extra charge from UPS it would have either been your state tax or a charge that UPS calls brokerage, I think it might usually be around $50, and it is a charge they apply to international shipments to clear customs. Some customers do not get any extra charges, must vary state to state,

Richard

Thanks, thats the kind of feedback I am looking for. I never really have spoken with Richard but his reputation precedes him and i've heard nothing but good. I will be sure to look at bearings as well.

If you would like to chat feel free to call, I don't advertise here so I can not give prices or talk about our products, but I can give advice and tech support.

Richard

If you would like to chat feel free to call, I don't advertise here so I can not give prices or talk about our products, but I can give advice and tech support.

Richard

Thanks a lot Richard, I will try and call you in the next couple days! I live in Michigan pretty close to the Canadian border. Where in Canada are you located?

Ha ha, there is no Canadian tax added, if you did recieve an extra charge from UPS it would have either been your state tax or a charge that UPS calls brokerage, I think it might usually be around $50, and it is a charge they apply to international shipments to clear customs. Some customers do not get any extra charges, must vary state to state,

Richard

I just got back from vacation and had a chance to review my credit card statement. I knew it was "some type of charge" as I referred to earlier that may be an additional fee other people may face and should budget for when deciding to make a "turbo list". This was not a charge from RCC but it was a charge from my Chase bank credit card.

Chase adds an additional 3% to credit card charges made to Canada. Apparently all credit card banks in the USA have a "exchange rate adjustment" but the percentage may be different than 3%. So in my case I had an additional 3% added to the kit price for exchange rate adjustment and another 3% of the kit price for shipping.

This is not a gripe I am just sharing information for others to make an accurate budget assessment in the future. I am still very happy with my decision to go with the stage 1 kit and should be up and running in about two weeks if work does not interfere too much.

I just got back from vacation and had a chance to review my credit card statement. I knew it was "some type of charge" as I referred to earlier that may be an additional fee other people may face and should budget for when deciding to make a "turbo list". This was not a charge from RCC but it was a charge from my Chase bank credit card.

Chase adds an additional 3% to credit card charges made to Canada. Apparently all credit card banks in the USA have a "exchange rate adjustment" but the percentage may be different than 3%. So in my case I had an additional 3% added to the kit price for exchange rate adjustment and another 3% of the kit price for shipping.

This is not a gripe I am just sharing information for others to make an accurate budget assessment in the future. I am still very happy with my decision to go with the stage 1 kit and should be up and running in about two weeks if work does not interfere too much.

Yikes, 3% is a good chunk of change, another option is wire transfers, the price for a wire varies as well but I think they are under $50 to send a wire, so it would still be quitte a bit cheaper then the 3%.

Richard

Back