turbo header

busadave2

Registered
has anyone seen the new stainless turbo header s and s autochrome has for sale on ebay! looks like just the ticket for someone building their own system,but it would have been nice if they would have included a wastegate flange ,otherwise a nice piece.

Um something looks VERY WRONG with those pictures. Look REALLY hard at the bottom picture. IT looks like the flange is welded directly to the pipe (no hole)

I just made my own, got tired of looking..

hdr1.jpg

hdr2.jpg

everything behind that plate has been removed deburred and blended..
Time is on my side..
been waiting since 2001 for boost lol just moving and inch or so closer each yr...

ain't the best but that's not important @ my stage of build..

Once I am done it will be redone on a Jig with a Tig.

well, looks about as good/bad as my first attempt at a header. its a learning experience. As long as the internal section flows well, and the welds hold up, alls good!
smile.gif

well, looks about as good/bad as my first attempt at a header. its a learning experience. As long as the internal section flows well, and the welds hold up, alls good!
smile.gif
yea, that was my 2nd hdr, I did anotherone I am currently using.
Insides blended and hollowed out.

When I get done, and figure out where it actually needs to be..
Then it will be jig'd up and a person with skill and a TIG will get it.

Proto-typing is such fun... yea!

But I know you know already.
wink.gif

hehe, All I ever do are prototypes....I've yet to make the same header twice. Now I'm making a long equal length header for my Ninja1000R, and next month I'm making a very short header for a Bandit1200 blow thru system....THAT one will be a challenge, there ain't crap for room on the front of the bike. But I know its been done before, so I figure I'll make it work one way or the other.

Its definitely good practice, and god knows I need it. Some day I'll feel like my welding looks nice enough, that I won't feel bad about taking pictures of it
blush.gif
But looks are bling bling. How well it works is what I really care about personally.

praccy is the name of the game..

here's my latest scary pic..
personally I don't care what people think, like you said, function b4 form ;-)

dump.jpg

dump2.jpg

the gate I bought is huge...matches other stuff lol

anyways, comming together slowly

like you said, my welds aren't the best looking, but are working for me.

I can't weld...Your doing a good job at fabbing...You'll have it together before long...

Thanks,
That was my camera I took the short vid with, can't find the camcorder
tounge.gif

I have a couple of oil drips, gotta spooge them up some..

Got the K&N filter (was hard finding a conical with a 4" inlet LOL)
Also bought the new fuel pressure guage it's waiting to be mounted..

Much more work to do, but it's all good.

Dyno's in June, we'll see what I have to redo then..
tounge.gif

Peace,
Ron

tounge.gif

Back