Turbo Busa w/o TRE

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Currently I do not have a TRE installed.

Last night I ran the bike up to the limiter in 6th.

The speedo was reading in excess of 210mph (... and yes I know it is whacked  ;)  )

My question is... was I going less than 186mph since I do not have a TRE installed?

the gearing is 16/40

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: "because I can not spell"|1105021180 -->

maybe less since other factors might intervene like aerodynics, winds, hills, moon
laugh.gif
etc

I'm not to sure one way or the other, but I read in a super streetbike article that Barry Henson does not use them because from what he says the turbo overcomes the limiter.

GEAR RATIO = SPEED IN GEARS

Gearing 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th

16/39 77 104 132 157 178 194
16/40 75 101 129 153 173 189
16/41 73 99 126 150 169 184
16/42 72 97 123 146 165 180
16/43 70 95 120 143 161 176

17/39 82 111 141 167 189 206
17/40 80 108 137 163 184 201 Stock
17/41 78 105 134 159 180 196
17/42 76 103 131 155 176 191
17/43 74 100 128 152 171 187

18/39 87 117 149 177 200 218
18/40 85 114 145 173 195 212
18/41 83 112 142 168 190 207
18/42 81 109 138 164 186 202
18/43 79 106 135 161 182 198

19/39 92 124 157 187 211 230
19/40 89 121 153 182 206 224
19/41 87 118 150 178 201 219
19/42 85 115 146 173 196 214
19/43 83 112 143 170 192 209

Most likely not doing over 189 unless you were going down hill?

Cecil, are you topping your busa out in your jeans and light duty jacket?
Tell me it AIN'T so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not to sure one way or the other, but I read in a super streetbike article that Barry Henson does not use them because from what he says the turbo overcomes the limiter.
That makes since...

The Stage 2 system comes with a seperate FMU & re-mapped ECU.

The installer told me I did not need it but I did not get clarification at the time.

GEAR RATIO = SPEED IN GEARS

Gearing 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th

Most likely not doing over 189 unless you were going down hill?

Cecil, are you topping your busa out in your jeans and light duty jacket?
Tell me it AIN'T so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What RPM does this chart assume?

No hills (Florida)... very flat.

And no... I was not wearing jeans and a light wieght jacket.

... I was sporting a speedo, flip-flops and a set of swim googles for eye pro  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: "spelling error"|1105025008 -->

Cecil...yer gonna need a yellow box, and a TRE to get more than 186 outta that bike and have the gauge read closer to correct!!

I assume it's Redline, Cecil.
I can't remember where I downloaded that chart from so I can't vouch for it's accuracy?

Cecil dude, all BS aside, if you are out there playing at that speed in jeans?
rock.gif
???

You need your ass spanked!

If you ever crash at speed and survive, you'll buy the best leathers available!

Death is perminate, just in case you haven't thought about that
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif
???

rock.gif
You are right.

Thanks for bustin my hump.

SHopping for leathers now... have yet to commit.

You are right... a spill at high speeds would be ugly in jeans.

Thanks.
blush.gif

rock.gif

This article came from www.VelocityRacing.com

Riding a Velocity turbo bike does take some getting used to because it has a unique ability to bend the time/space continuum and the result is that your normal timing is way off. It is like looking in the rear view mirror of a car that reads, "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear". Each time I tried to slow down after a blast on high boost I found myself running out of road and needing more brakes that I had. One point here is that this ride was taken with stock gearing of 17/40 on the bike, which will surely have to be changed. Most riders with this system are going to an 18 tooth front sprocket and lowering the rear to 38-39 teeth. With the 18-38 and the stock tire, this computes to a 221 MPH top speed. Speaking of top speed I asked Barry what he does to overcome the stock limiter on his bikes his reply was "I turbo it!!" I pressed on and asked if he used Ivan's TRE that is so talked about in the 'Busa community. Barry responded with a direct " Who is Ivan?" Simply put, it makes so much power that a few degrees of ignition retard built into sixth gear is not enough to fend his system from finding the rev-limiter.

... After I quit being cheap and irresponsible and get a good set of leathers (I've got a leather jacket but not pants)...

I'm thinking about going back to a 17T up front and playing around with the rear.

Need to pick-up an adjustable swingarm also.

Not sure how much adjustment will be needed to fluxuate the chain length or wheelbase (assuming adjustable swingarm) to accomodate ranges in the rear sprocket...

+ / - 4 teeth or so... depending on the mood.

I would prefer to do something like setting the swingarm in the middle of the adjustment (0 - 6 over) with 17 / 40 gearing.
This should allow plenty of room to move up and down on the rear sprocket without having to continually change to chain length.

rock.gif
???

rock.gif
You are right.

Thanks.
blush.gif
And just for good measure, should I kick you while Tuf holds you down?
laugh.gif

rock.gif

... After I quit being cheap and irresponsible and get a good set of leathers (I've got a leather jacket but not pants)...

I'm thinking about going back to a 17T up front and playing around with the rear.

Need to pick-up an adjustable swingarm also.

Not sure how much adjustment will be needed to fluxuate the chain length or wheelbase (assuming adjustable swingarm) to accomodate ranges in the rear sprocket...

+ / - 4 teeth or so... depending on the mood.

I would prefer to do something like setting the swingarm in the middle of the adjustment (0 - 6 over) with 17 / 40 gearing.
This should allow plenty of room to move up and down on the rear sprocket without having to continually change to chain length.
You can go up to 43 tooth on the rear with the stock chain. It moves the rear axle forward just a hair under a half inch if I remember correctly from installing one on Train... I have no idea how small you can go with stock chain/swingarm adjustment. Ninja Eater should know...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105032745 -->

rock.gif
???

rock.gif
You are right.

Thanks.  
blush.gif
laugh.gif
POLICE BRUTALITY!

I'm callin Jonny Cock-a-roch

rock.gif

rock.gif
???

rock.gif
You are right.

Thanks.  
blush.gif
laugh.gif
POLICE BRUTALITY!

I'm callin Jonny Cock-a-roch
Remember the Powell doctrine. Being a Marine you probably don't, but anyway it was all about overwhelming combat power. Put the enemy down and keep him down until he can't fight anymore and realizes that surrender (in your case buying leathers) is the only alternative.
guns.gif

rock.gif

Cecil Dude, I'm happy to see you are now off "Crack" and thinking wisely!
smile.gif

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

I have long outgrown my desire for high speed on public roads due to the understanding of the probable results of a crash as well as the faster you go the more likely you are to end up in trouble. At 180 mph, a humming bird will penetrate your face shield? And last but not least, if LEO catches you, you get to spend the night in the crossbar hotel and have your bike towed.

Everyone is giving you a bad time and rightfully so. However, we all want you to enjoy your scooter without enjury. In my humble opinion, I think everyone would be better off to invest in GOOD riding gear before investing in their first mod? You can buy another bike but I don't see new kneecaps for sale on ebay?

I see guys crashing at the track every time I go and rarely does anyone get seriously enjured. The reason is,,,,,,,,,, there are no cars to deal with, no trees or power poles to hit and everyone is covered from head to toe with armor and leather!

Enjoy that new demon when you crank the throttle but please use good judgment, your wife and kids are depending on YOU!

Everyone should take notice (Including you, Mr. Bullet, cover your buns with leather) and ride with "Safety First" in mind. Mortality is not guaranteed!
race.gif

Cecil Dude, I'm happy to see you are now off "Crack" and thinking wisely!
smile.gif

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

I have long outgrown my desire for high speed on public roads due to the understanding of the probable results of a crash as well as the faster you go the more likely you are to end up in trouble. At 180 mph, a humming bird will penetrate your face shield? And last but not least, if LEO catches you, you get to spend the night in the crossbar hotel and have your bike towed.

Everyone is giving you a bad time and rightfully so. However, we all want you to enjoy your scooter without enjury. In my humble opinion, I think everyone would be better off to invest in GOOD riding gear before investing in their first mod? You can buy another bike but I don't see new kneecaps for sale on ebay?

I see guys crashing at the track every time I go and rarely does anyone get seriously enjured. The reason is,,,,,,,,,, there are no cars to deal with, no trees or power poles to hit and everyone is covered from head to toe with armor and leather!

Enjoy that new demon when you crank the throttle but please use good judgment, your wife and kids are depending on YOU!

Everyone should take notice (Including you, Mr. Bullet, cover your buns with leather) and ride with "Safety First" in mind. Mortality is not guaranteed!
race.gif
You should be a preacher... or a politician... not sure which!
laugh.gif

Back