Tupelo MS to Miramar CA

theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
So somewhere between 45 and 100 days from today im going to get orders to Miramar CA. i have decided that im going to take the busa. i have done this trip in a u-haul, an el camino, and a car. basically the 78 to I 40 to I 15 S in Barstow. not a big fan of the 40. especially getting to OK. when you cross the state line into OK you can see the other end but it never comes any closer.... i can never figure it out. :whistle:

So i assume im going to need a tank bag and some saddle bags. preferably the cheaper ones. bought a rain suit. need a throttlemeister i assume, and either a DB or a touring windshield. better seat... gonna give myself a week to make the trip.

what else might i need? and is there an alternate path that isnt way outta the way?

G.P.S MAP IT AND SEE, IT WOULD BE NICE TO FIND EVEN A NICER ROAD TO CRUISE ON EVEN IF IT TAKE ALITTLE MORE TIME JUST FOR THE PICTURES AND SOMETHING DIFFERENT THEN THE I-40 :thumbsup: ( BE SAFE ON THE RIDE )

I-10 W
1,921 mi 1 day 4 hours

I-70 W
2,303 mi 1 day 10 hours

I-80 W
2,552 mi 1 day 13 hours

any recommendations?

Did Pensacola to Cali on the busa 2 1/2 years ago. Used I-10 to I-5. 4 days of actual travel but took about a week to do it since I stopped over at a couple of friends places. Either way its a long trip, but once you hit the cali roads there are a couple shortcuts through traffic

You are going to land smack dab in the middle of some of SoCals greatest twisties.
Be sure to look up the San Diego bunch when you get here, they can show you all the great roads.
Bubba

If you take I 10 I live about 10mi south near san antonio if you have any problems weather, mechanical ,whatever I have a garage full of tools and friends at dealerships.pm if you want a # before you go.

Did Pensacola to Cali on the busa 2 1/2 years ago. Used I-10 to I-5. 4 days of actual travel but took about a week to do it since I stopped over at a couple of friends places. Either way its a long trip, but once you hit the cali roads there are a couple shortcuts through traffic

I figured i would take a 7-10 days to do it. on the stock seat i can last about an hour before i got to stand up or get off for a min. and my knees hurt after about an hour and a half till i stretch them out.

You are going to land smack dab in the middle of some of SoCals greatest twisties.
Be sure to look up the San Diego bunch when you get here, they can show you all the great roads.
Bubba

Cant wait! i got a best friend that lives near lake elsinore and he is waiting lol. and for sure ill look up the SoCal riders. Hopefully my wife will get stationed out there too and we can get her a gsxr750 or 1k to play on too.

If you take I 10 I live about 10mi south near san antonio if you have any problems weather, mechanical ,whatever I have a garage full of tools and friends at dealerships.pm if you want a # before you go.

I appreciate the offer man! that says something for your character as im a complete stranger. I think ill be taking the 80 across. its the longest but it goes into a part of the country i have never been in before (the only part) and would like to experience it. i just dont want it to be like the 40, straight and flat till you get to NM. and i kinda wanna see NorCal. i heard it was beautiful and that will run me right through Sacramento.

I figured i would take a 7-10 days to do it. on the stock seat i can last about an hour before i got to stand up or get off for a min. and my knees hurt after about an hour and a half till i stretch them out.

Cant wait! i got a best friend that lives near lake elsinore and he is waiting lol. and for sure ill look up the SoCal riders. Hopefully my wife will get stationed out there too and we can get her a gsxr750 or 1k to play on too.

I appreciate the offer man! that says something for your character as im a complete stranger. I think ill be taking the 80 across. its the longest but it goes into a part of the country i have never been in before (the only part) and would like to experience it. i just dont want it to be like the 40, straight and flat till you get to NM. and i kinda wanna see NorCal. i heard it was beautiful and that will run me right through Sacramento.
Good choice I 10 only gets hotter fron texas on with long streches of nothing but, about 50mi past sa the speed limit turns to 80mph so 85 is no problem. Sometimes you can fall in behind some high end cars with all the gadgets and make some really good time.:thumbsup:

So somewhere between 45 and 100 days from today im going to get orders to Miramar CA. i have decided that im going to take the busa. i have done this trip in a u-haul, an el camino, and a car. basically the 78 to I 40 to I 15 S in Barstow. not a big fan of the 40. especially getting to OK. when you cross the state line into OK you can see the other end but it never comes any closer.... i can never figure it out. :whistle:

So i assume im going to need a tank bag and some saddle bags. preferably the cheaper ones. bought a rain suit. need a throttlemeister i assume, and either a DB or a touring windshield. better seat... gonna give myself a week to make the trip.

what else might i need? and is there an alternate path that isnt way outta the way?

A week ? You are riding a Busa ! Install a smaller sprocket on the rear to keep the revs down and you can do it in 3 days. :whistle:

Back