Thinking of moving to California-Questions on Ca. m/c laws

groran1000

Registered
I have 2 m/c, a 2009 busa and a 2010 goldwing. I thought I read somewhere about Ca. not licensing bikes bought in other states for some reason. It may have been the stricter Ca. laws on emissions and bikes sold in other states maybe older bikes to a certain age, then Ca. wouldn't tag them. Anyway, you Ca. bike guys, let me know, thanks Randy

I just moved here in September from Hawaii and I must say that because of the 7500 miles thing I decided to keep my Hi plates, since I will be moving to PA this summer I will be registering the bike in FL and leaving it there... my truck and trailer were a bit of a pain to get the registration done, get ready for long wait times at the DMV.
My little Envoy Denali was about to be registered as a pick up and not as an SUV and the tags were going to be ridiculous.. after a few inspections it was registered as a SUV and the plates were decent enough.

are the tags expensive? Here in Miss. they are expensive, my truck valued at about $30,000 is $650. But it goes down as it gets older.

Just moved to so cal last year, had no issues with moving here with both the bmw and the busa. Since I owned them before I brought them into the state I had no issues. If you buy an out of state bike and try to register it, you may have issues but that is not the case here.

Just moved to so cal last year, had no issues with moving here with both the bmw and the busa. Since I owned them before I brought them into the state I had no issues. If you buy an out of state bike and try to register it, you may have issues but that is not the case here.

So you just moved to Southern California last year. We all know that California has some of the best weather in the country but now that you've been there, are there any things that you really do not like about California as an example, sales taxes higher, higher gas prices, property more expensive, etc.

south, about 1-2 hours east from LA called Palmdale, we have friends there that say it's a great place. Desert like, but a generally good place.

I've lived in Palmdale and lancaster since 98. Recently moved about a hour north to Tehachapi. Twotonevert also lives up there so you'll have 2 org members in the area.

It might be BS but I hear they just signed a Global Warming tax in :poke:

There is no such thing as global warming. Many places have set record cold for the month of February.
We never hit 90° last year.

Now a water tax I could see, as many places are dry and in danger of running out of water.

The title of the article was Global Warming Tax with a picture of Jerry Brown. I have no idea. I think it's an additional tax on fuel. Just more stealing. :laugh:

So you just moved to Southern California last year. We all know that California has some of the best weather in the country but now that you've been there, are there any things that you really do not like about California as an example, sales taxes higher, higher gas prices, property more expensive, etc.

The level of public driver skill sucks here. Rude, crazy, expect everything and assume nothing. The cost of living where I am compared to Tulsa is about 10% higher. Love the weather!

south, about 1-2 hours east from LA called Palmdale, we have friends there that say it's a great place. Desert like, but a generally good place.

As Map said, nice place. It is in the desert but there is a neat lake in Palmdale. About an hour from Six Flags and LA. Palmdale is where we go to visit the mall. Map and I are about an hour from there.

we're going to visit in September for 2 weeks. I was concerned about my bikes as I don't know the area. You think they will be safe? I'm not sure if our friend has a close-able garage or what. It would be cool for map and two evrt to show me around a bit and maybe ride a bit, that would be cool. Any other info on the area would be good even if on an email or pm, thanks Randy

Back