Tuner in NJ - recommendations??

Shane45

Registered
Well Im stuck in the PR of NJ. Anyone know a good tuner here. Particulerly one good at ECU flashing??? I bought a Canon last year and still have yet to put it on. Its time!

where/who did you buy the canon?

PR of NJ is a litle vague :laugh: There are moer than a few PR sections. Where are you at? :welcome:

Im by LBI (Exit 63). I can do a reasonable amount of travel for a good tuner :) . I spoke with a fairly large place in Millstone but they wanted what I consider to be too much money and I have no references on em. I got the Cannon off the Inet.

By too much I mean they want 1g to put the pipe on and Dyno tune. This didnt include a PC or PC install!

By too much I mean they want 1g to put the pipe on and Dyno tune. This didnt include a PC or PC install!

Man I could fly there install,pipe bring pc and tune it for that if I had use of a dyno there..wow..I need to move back east,wow there are ALOT of rip-off artist over there that need to shut their doors....

OK update. I gave said tuner shop a call back since my original quote was rather old and maybe a bit pre the bottom falling out of everything :D . New # is still 1k but that includes installing the pipe and pc as well as the tune. That also includes a PC 5. This sounds more in line to me. Fair price ?

OK update. I gave said tuner shop a call back since my original quote was rather old and maybe a bit pre the bottom falling out of everything :D . New # is still 1k but that includes installing the pipe and pc as well as the tune. That also includes a PC 5. This sounds more in line to me. Fair price ?
It would be $825.00 here and you can hang out while the work is being done, no secretes. Leather seating, movies and so forth. We also ship parts world-wide daily. We have seen one or two Busa's with that performance set-up....everyone leaves here grinning. We also have one of the only ride before pay policies...its a high-end performance shop. We are not the cheapest but its a different animal at HPC. Its always a goal to make the next bike faster than the last...keeps it fun for us..

Last edited:
Man I could fly there install,pipe bring pc and tune it for that if I had use of a dyno there..wow..I need to move back east,wow there are ALOT of rip-off artist over there that need to shut their doors....

You aren't kidding....

I sure as heck wouldn't pay that. A monkey can install that setup in a couple hours. I'd do the install yourself and then take it to the dyno. Even then have you verified how they are going to tune it...? Are they actually going to tune it or just upload a BS map from the dynjet site like some of these hack shops are doing lately....?

I know this business. They're BIG. It's a great place to find the right gear in your size and then find it online somewhere and order it for a little less cash. :laugh: I've never had any service there but all of the mechanics are certified and credited professional mechanics who have been doing it for many years. They've got a ton of business so that may be why their service prices are high.

As far as dyno tuning goes they're great. They don't use a probe that just gathers a/f readings but use a four gas analyzer (tells you much more than just how much air hasn't been burned). The dyno guy is great as well. Some may know him. Tommy Miceli is a well respected guy/racer/tuner. Hmm Tommy who raced prostock bikes in the NHRA. Yes, that's the one. He's a very modest guy. He doesn't advertise his abilities and prefers to just let his customers do the talking for him. He doesn't do any auto mapping. I've had my bike on their dyno more than a few times for testing things out. I would recommend him to anyone. :thumbsup:

Even then have you verified how they are going to tune it...? Are they actually going to tune it or just upload a BS map from the dynjet site like some of these hack shops are doing lately....?

I know this business. They're BIG. It's a great place to find the right gear in your size and then find it online somewhere and order it for a little less cash. :laugh: I've never had any service there but all of the mechanics are certified and credited professional mechanics who have been doing it for many years. They've got a ton of business so that may be why their service prices are high.

As far as dyno tuning goes they're great. They don't use a probe that just gathers a/f readings but use a four gas analyzer (tells you much more than just how much air hasn't been burned). The dyno guy is great as well. Some may know him. Tommy Miceli is a well respected guy/racer/tuner. Hmm Tommy who raced prostock bikes in the NHRA. Yes, that's the one. He's a very modest guy. He doesn't advertise his abilities and prefers to just let his customers do the talking for him. He doesn't do any auto mapping. I've had my bike on their dyno more than a few times for testing things out. I would recommend him to anyone. :thumbsup:

If it's tommy doing the install of pipe/pc and tuning,go drop the bike off and go bak and get it if close or go over and spend the day with him if he allows you..You will learn more there that day than most week long training courses..HE'S SMART...

If that's who is tuning it then go for it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some glorified internet tuner spouting BS to him with zero knowledge or clue other than what he's read on Wikipedia... :beerchug:

Tommy is the real deal. Easy to talk to and a real down to earth guy. :beerchug: You can't hang out inside the dyno cell (insurance reasons) but of course you can watch through the window. He'll come and talk to you before/during/after the tune. It's not like he's untouchable or anything. If you get tired of watching you can always sit in their media/entertainment area watching the big screen or wander around all of the bikes. The best is really just the huge selection and sizes of apparel they have available.

If you catch Tommy doing the actual install of an exhaust system... you better take lots of pics if that happens. Make sure I get a copy of them. :laugh:

Last edited:
Guys that seals it. Even if I do the pipe my self, it will go there for the tune. I do not mind paying more for great service and reputation. Unfortunately some of the tuners here on this board are just to far away. THANK YOU for the input and insight!!!

:beerchug:

:beerchug:

Get it done at Gregs. Its worth the ride to MD and you will get a top line job. Don't risk it at some shop nobody knows about.

If you were living in the tri-state metro area you would know about this place. Just because they don't advertise on chat boards doesn't mean anything negative or of risk. Their business isn't driven by internet sales. There's been a few members from this board that hav had service by them and I don't recall their being any complaints.
Don't risk it at some shop nobody knows about.

Back