Tsukigi sound clips on video...

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
I happened to stumble upon this video clip after I came back from a lil ride today...oddly enough this Busa has the same mods as I do, and watching/listening to the video it sounds exactly like mine! Odd
smile.gif

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4725048522694068087

Clip is only a few minutes, includes some idle, rev's, drive off, cruise by's, fly bys and some wheelies... enjoy.

I like the deep throaty sound. Of course the high speed whine sounds impressive as well.
smile.gif

(BlueHaya @ Dec. 29 2006,15:09) Sounds great at runs...but I doubt that was 170+. Maybe 130-140
The guy riding says it was beyond 170 at the point of camera man, of course he left off shortly after as you can tell. He also is running stock sprockets, so I'm sure when I seen 17x I was at least 170
smile.gif
But, looking at it from a camera angle, it does look slower.....

Thats what I love about this exhaust, that is sounds pleasant cruising, quiet idle and not obnoxious in any way when WOT. My friends beg to differ though, they say when I pass them on the top top top end, the Busa SCREAMS by, I shrug it off as I wouldn't know being up front
smile.gif

Greg, does the Spec II sounds much different? And if you can find out, is the major difference in Spec I and II headers/Y's, or is more the can? My reason, if the headers and collectors are about equal, and the Spec II can fits, I might be looking for just the can to swap out. Thanks.

Charlie

That is the standard system. Check my site store if you want the Spec II race system...
super.gif
hyperbikecenters

(CAT3 @ Dec. 29 2006,17:10) Thats what I love about this exhaust, that is sounds pleasant cruising, quiet idle and not obnoxious in any way when WOT.  My friends beg to differ though, they say when I pass them on the top top top end, the Busa SCREAMS by, I shrug it off as I wouldn't know being up front
smile.gif

Greg, does the Spec II sounds much different?  And if you can find out, is the major difference in Spec I and II headers/Y's, or is more the can?  My reason, if the headers and collectors are about equal, and the Spec II can fits, I might be looking for just the can to swap out.  Thanks.

Charlie
I think they sound very close but I have only heard the pipe from the saddle or on the dyno. One noticable difference is the can, the Spec II has a much shorter round polished aluminum can. Since its shorter I guess it has a better rumble. The spec I and spec II in 2007 will be the Spec II. The spec 1 today was for a stock motor bike making under 200 hp the spec II works just fine on a stock bike but can handle over 200 hp and builds power along with your engine mods. Looks, power, sound and most important build quality for the price you can't beat it. This pipe should really cost $1350.00. Its that good inside and out. Maybe someday it will be the high dollar piupe as they will only get better with the people involved with Tsukigi Racing.

charlie wanta trade your tsukigi for my yoshi system ?
jump9.gif

i could live with a trade like that.

if "that" ain't liv'in proof that kawi dudes suffer from "Busa Envy/Tendency's"?....

then i don't know what is!
laugh.gif

green leathers?....greeen anodized upper triple?...or did i not select enough colors in my display options? LOL!
laugh.gif

Sooner, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

First I want to thank Greg for getting the word out about or pipes, We have always felt we are the best kept secret from Japan. But Greg is getting the word out.

As for the difference between the Spec 1 & Spec 2. The 4 pipes coming out of the head are the exact same. The Y-collectors going from 4 to 2 are different in configuration. Where is goes from 4 into 2 the pipes are up-sized. Where we go from 2 into 1 the pipe goes up in size again. The other difference between the 2 systems is the can size. Spec 1 is larger in diameter & longer. Spec 2 can is shorter & smaller in diameter. If you notice allot of manufactures have came out with smaller & shorter can's. We have seen a 2 to 3 h.p. differnece between the different can sizes on certain models. I can also tell you that there is about a 4 db difference between our standard can vs short spec 2 can. And all of our can's will fit all models. Mr. Tsukigi has designed the inlet sizes on all pipes the same so we can keep manufacturing cost down.

Once again, thanks Greg for all your help.

Oh....and thanks to all of you who have purchased our pipes. If there is anything we can do please contact us or Greg....I am sure one of us can get you what you need or any question answered.

Well...only thing I can do now is save for a new Spec II. Yes, I like the system that much, actually I love it. Awesome information, thanks for posting TR.

Charlie

Damn! That was an awesome vid. I am kind of regreting ever getting rid of that pipe. Ref power I knew that was the best pipe. There is a mech out here called gemelo racing & about 2 years ago he told me that the best pipe that produces power is the tsukigi. He works on kawasaki & suzuki's and almost all have the tsukigi pipes. I went with the yoshi r22 duplex system because of the looks & the bike lost about 4 hp when dynoed.

(Tsukigi Racing @ Dec. 29 2006,19:21) Oh....and thanks to all of you who have purchased our pipes. If there is anything we can do please contact us or Greg....I am sure one of us can get you what you need or any question answered.
Thanks for the back-up on the question.....I am just spreading the gospel its all good stuff, between the ZX-14 and the Hayabusa you guys got the Hyperbikes covered and the sidewinder options are strong as well. Thanks for giving me a chance to carry the flag for Tsukigi!

(arey @ Dec. 29 2006,19:54) Damn! That was an awesome vid. I am kind of regreting ever getting rid of that pipe. Ref power I knew that was the best pipe. There is a mech out here called gemelo racing & about 2 years ago he told me that the best pipe that produces power is the tsukigi. He works on kawasaki & suzuki's and almost all have the tsukigi pipes. I went with the yoshi r22 duplex system because of the looks & the bike lost about 4 hp when dynoed.
Glad you liked it. Sorry I couldn't for the life of me remeber whom I bought this from..man you've made me smile with system everyday
smile.gif

(CAT3 @ Dec. 29 2006,20:13)
(arey @ Dec. 29 2006,19:54) Damn! That was an awesome vid. I am kind of regreting ever getting rid of that pipe. Ref power I knew that was the best pipe. There is a mech out here called gemelo racing & about 2 years ago he told me that the best pipe that produces power is the tsukigi. He works on kawasaki & suzuki's and almost all have the tsukigi pipes. I went with the yoshi r22 duplex system because of the looks & the bike lost about 4 hp when dynoed.
Glad you liked it.  Sorry I couldn't for the life of me remeber whom I bought this from..man you've made me smile with system everyday
smile.gif
beerchug.gif

Back