Trying to set up chromecast

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Don't have a smart TV or a smart person attempting install... :p Trying to cast from laptop to a TV via Chromecast to a USB input.
The chromecast cant seem to find the wi-fi signal. There are apparantly some issues with windows 10 and chromecast.
The Playstore wont allow a download to a laptop,only to an Android or other mobile device.(trying to grab google home or a CC app)
How hard does this have to be? Chromecast is essentially just an antenna right?
Idea's men? @Hayabusa Wannabe ...
eye brow.gif

Rubb.

No on the wi fi freq.
Followed the above link,but Google Home wont download to my laptop.
Rubb.

Cannot get Chrome? What is the response exactly? That page has an "accept cookies" dialog which you may have to accept. Got security turned up too high in the browser?

Blu ray has AllShare Cast. Youtube,etc working on that via wi-fi.
Downloaded AllShare after winzip update,driver update,get a non-compatibility error...wont open/run say consult admin...I am the admin.

Cannot get Chrome? What is the response exactly? That page has an "accept cookies" dialog which you may have to accept. Got security turned up too high in the browser?
I have chrome. Just dont have the button for chromecast. Is that not an' included program for Win 10 when chrome is my browser?

allshare: Just searching the web for solutions:

Delete the file "allsharedmsconfiguration.xml " and try install again. You might have to search the allshare program directory or just search the entire drive, whatever is easiest.

Chromecast - what happens when you click on:

chromecast.com/setup

The Chromecast keeps killing my wi-fi connection. Shouldn't CC be in my drop down list? There is cast...but it finds no devices. Understandable,my monitor is not wi-fi...but where's CC in the list. Last time I was hooked to an' LG smart tv and just chose "Living Room TV" from the list.

Looking at this:

Try a factory reset of the device.
Done,twice. :p It only seems to want to set up via Google Home...which my laptop wont download as it appears to be only for mobile devices. Wondering why CC is not on my homepage?

HW...got it. Maybe it was the factory re-set as you suggested. The only other thing I did differently was take power for the CC from the TV USB,but I doubt that mattered. Thanks man...you have done it again. :thumbsup:
I'm doing "The Happy Rubb Dance" :banana:
Rubb.

Back