Trying to make my own risers

III

Registered
I think I've found the right size spacers I want to use to raise my bars up just a tad for some comfort, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell off hand what size, type, and more importantly, length, of the replacement bolts that I'll to replace the existing ones? I'm using 1" spacers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just trying to save myself some time from having to run to the store after taking the existing ones out.

I have some Soupy's cylinder style spacers with the bolts just sitting in my garage if you are interested. Shoot me a PM if you would like to get them off my work bench for a very reasonable price.

Another question...
So, I've got the spacers in place and loving the difference it makes already. I'm wondering what to do with the dust caps or collars from the forks that now easily come off since the tree plate is now raised and not pressing against them to hold them in place. I'm assuming they still belong over the fork ends, but how do they stay in place?

Thanks in advance.

Save the plastic rings in a ziplock baggie incase you decide to go back to stock.

Save the plastic rings in a ziplock baggie incase you decide to go back to stock.

Thank you sir. That's exactly what I did. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to use something to make them adhere to it or what.

:thumbsup:

Back