Triple tree gone wrong

Busa_Ken

Registered
Hello all. I have a 2007 Busa and i'm attempting to swap my stock triple tree for one by Roland Sands. The issue i'm having is that it won't fit. Per Roland Sands web site there is only one avail for 99- 09 Busa. I belive i'm doing something wrong please help:1zhelp::banghead:

securedownload.jpeg

securedownload-1.jpeg

It looks like they sent you one that is designed for another bike. Did you send them a pig of it? That doesn't look like any triple I've ever seen for a busa.
Posted via Mobile Device

Took me a minute to figure out what was off. I would email them and see if they will fix the problem. there are quite a few people on here that have that clamp so you should have some help on the way!

Do you still have wieght on the front forks???? get it up and the wieght OFF the front forks..then try aligning the stem nut!!!!!
Looks like that is what your saying dont fit.

Here is a picture I found on the net and its the exact one How did they do it?
Yes the stem is the only thing that will not line up

assault_triple_clamp_800.jpg

picked up the front and it dropped right on Thanks all for your reply and sorry for multiple posts in my experience with other site forums i had to use several posts and would be lucky to have one thread answered. I guess thats not the case here tho.

I wonder if its for another bike, same design and fork width, but the steering stem is different. Is that tree available for other models?
It fits I picked up the front of the bike and it slid right on. I had so many issues with the T-40 security screw and a cheap tool yesterday that I didn't think of taking the weight off the front end. To be honest I didn't think the front moved that much anyway.
Thanks

That theft detterent torx is a SOB. I nearly stripped one on my old bike so knew what I was in for on the busa. The thing looks great once its on though don't it.
Posted via Mobile Device

You bike is sitting on the ground. The forks are tilting back since you've removed all support up top. Just push forward on the triple and slide it down. You could also jack up the frontend to relieve and stress on the triple tree.

That theft detterent torx is a SOB. I nearly stripped one on my old bike so knew what I was in for on the busa. The thing looks great once its on though don't it.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wasn't so lucky. after a trip to Sears and Lowes (powerful drill & a real Torx set) I finally drilled the stripped torx out (shout out to Harbor Freight Tools there $7 tool cost me $120 and a headache)

Last edited:
Do you still have wieght on the front forks???? get it up and the wieght OFF the front forks..then try aligning the stem nut!!!!!
Looks like that is what your saying dont fit.

+1

You have to have the weight off the front wheel!

It will fit as soon as the weight is lifted!

Is that not the Schnizzle !!!!!!!!
Asks question at 2:48pm
Answered correct and prob solved by 4:17pm

Where else can you get such a quick ready reference ?

I'm telling you I am gonna design a pocket pc bout the size of a Credit card that has one site on it, this one. I am gonna market it at racetracks and dragways.
My pitch will be never scratch your head again.
Post question.
Pop top.
Drink beer.
Refresh page, see answer, your done.

:laugh::thumbsup:

picked up the front and it dropped right on Thanks all for your reply and sorry for multiple posts in my experience with other site forums i had to use several posts and would be lucky to have one thread answered. I guess thats not the case here tho.

:easy: Glad to help...see and you where freaking out wernt you?

Back