Trip Range

winger40

Registered
I haven't had the Busa long enough to burn through a tank of gas and, anyway, all the riding has been local. What kind of range do you have on road trips?

At a constant 75 to 80 mph I could do 250+ miles per tank before the tank is 100% empty. My last trip was 605 miles and the trip computer said 49.1 mpg which is pretty much dead on accurate. I'm currently at ~3000 miles and the mileage definitely improved after the engine was well broken in after 2000 miles.

That's for nice constant speed touring on an interstate highway.

When I go touring on middle of nowhere back roads I have a lot of fun and the average mileage drops into the mid 30's.

I haven't had the Busa long enough to burn through a tank of gas and, anyway, all the riding has been local.  What kind of range do you have on road trips?
How can you resist, go ride, go ride.
race.gif

At 120 miles I usually tank up.
You never know when you may need a " Full Tank"
for whatever reason.

About 130 and she's near bone dry for me.

I average around 25-27 or so MPG. I did a test the last tank and rode like a granny-- I bumbed my MPG up to 34MPG. No thanks-- I'm back to 25MPG.

So what kind of mods have you guys done to cause such sucky gas mileage?

I can beat on my Busa like a red headed step child and never fall below 35 mpg.

Seems that half the members get well into the 40's and the other half are claiming high 20's. If I ever see mine drop below 35 I'll find out what's wrong with the bike and repair it.

Bullshit!
I avg 43 mpg.
Fuel light usually comes on 180 ~ 190.
Push the bike is usually 235 ~ 255.
Furthest I've ever gone with out pushing was 274.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1030"|1093010067 -->

A couple of things to consider.....
1) Speedometer Error = Gas mileage Error!
2) More MODS = Less gas mileage
3) Not exactly sure why, but the group I ride with has varying MPG based a lot in part on the year of Busa rode.
My 00 is averaging around 20-25 MPG (with Yellow Box) City/Highway it doesn't matter..... I start looking for a gas station around 125 miles!

Im jeleous. I usually get about 95-105 miles b4 my light. The most I got out was 122 miles.

Back