Long trip 2 up

KvHotDog4

Registered
Ok so I have ridden alot of long miles on my 07 trips around town of 2 miles and trips across and out of state ranging 3,000 to 6,000 miles. The only thing all of the longer trips were only me on the Busa. The end of April we are taking a trip to Florida for Thunder on the Beach (600 one way, all weekend usually about 3,000 miles) my girlfriend is riding with me this time. She is a very good rider and we have been several places together and we have the basics of riding down pretty good. My question is what are the options as far as comfort seat wise and also taking luggage that doesn't just completly wipe out the bank?

The luggage is not that important since we are riding with a bunch of cruisers including my mom and dad, in the past they have carried most of my luggage.

We rode over to the Dragon (200+ miles one way) that was our longest trip together and I noticed I can't move and resituate as much as when its just me and she was pretty sore too, but she can move around a little more so I am thinking before taking a long trip like the one coming up I make need to consider some new seating options.

I am looking for some first hand experience here from people who travel long miles and know what its like to take a Busa on some really long trips.
Any and all advice is more than welcome, and thank you in advance for your input:thumbsup:

If most of your luggage will be carried by others that are riding with you, I would just get a small set of saddle bags. The strap that goes across the tail will fit under the seat or the hump. For seats I would say that you should try Lee at New Image.

Sorry have never taken a long trip 2 up. But the first thing I would thank about is getting a backrest for your girl, which will give you a little more room for to strech out. Other than that I'm sure their is someone that can tell you about a comfy seat to use.

Thanks for the input, is there a website for New Image I tried newimage.com and its some type of cosmetic surgury thing lol

I have been looking into backrests too but the only one I have found is the corbin and I think you have to have the back seat for that to work. I just hate to spend that much money and it not really help her comfort alot

I've done some 400 mile days in 2-up situations and by the end of the ride, you're going to be pretty sore. She will be too, no doubt. You just have to make more stops which is good, but getting back on can be a real yelper!

:D

Have fun!

--Wag--

Back