thinking of taking along trip any advice?

samizx7

Registered
hey guys i am just out of a relationship, and i am thinking of taking a long road trip (for 5 days). first i want to finish my bike (waiting of the stator cover). i live in miami fl and do not have alot of money to spare. where should i go.i was thinking of going to the gap how far is it from miami. i am thinking of ridding the bike all the way (to save gas), what should i have with me ? if anyone took a road trips please post up.

Some of the things I bring...
small flashlight
mini-air compressor
tire repair kit
siphon hose
duct tape (lots of uses)
spare m/c key
rain gear
Just to name a few.....

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131469137 -->

you should head over to texas or something... since you're now single i hear the dirty south chicks are way easier. once you get more and more up north they get more and more prissy. my .02. if you're planning to come to michigan for some odd reason hit me up

i just came back from texas, fine girls over there
biggrin.gif
. looking to be alone. no girls for a long time. lol

CRUISE the only way to go to relax. but if your wanting to ride then just go I've found out it doesn't matter where just that you are
wink.gif

If you go north, get a list of the org members who might be on your way. Would be great to get together with some of them and would come in handy if you had some trouble.

Carry a prepaid phone card, and a roll of quarters. Arrange to check in with someone at a given time each day, and tell them what your expected route. If something were to happen, they at least would know your approximate location.

Some of the things I bring...
small flashlight
mini-air compressor
tire repair kit
siphon hose
duct tape (lots of uses)
spare m/c key
rain gear
Just to name a few.....
mini-air compressor >>>>>>>>>>
tire repair kit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> these two can come in the form of a CO2 tire inflator/repair kit ....bout 30.00

rain gear>>>>>>>>>>> try Frogtogs...I just rode from Tampa to the GAP and it rained all the way from Ocala - up. Tropical Storm Tammy was my biotch that weekend.

Come up to Tampa are one night..hit Ybor city and then the 7 or so strip clubs on Dale Mabry & HWY60.
Then it's a 2 day cruise to the GAP
I know of a Days Inn in S. GA that is clean,cheap and the owner lets you park your bike right against the window of your room. Then there are plenty of "bike catering" spots to stay at near the GAP.

Have a good time relaxing! That's all I have to say! I feel your pain!!!

Make sure you have the proper gear and the tools for fixing what ever!!!
Check in with loved ones!!!

SG

never underestimate the cold windchill.....even in descent weather.....the windchill will bring down your body core temp. I rode about 750 miles on Saturday and needed more clothing. What seems like enough to keep you warm.....isn't enough a few hours later and especially after dark.

BTW......if you got a leather jacket thats great...... I'm getting a good set of snowmobile bibs for the next ride to wear under my jacket....

jacket
bib
heavy gloves
neck gator
boots

bibs.jpg

lol...this is FLORIDA .....still in the 80's!
hehe

but yeah...to a certain point...wear as much as you can stand during the day, cause the nights will be a little cooler. if you have any luggage...it will help.

Back