Tree Needs your Help...

Damn. Thanks to all. My internet has been down most of the day. I had to go to the library to check my E-mail this afternoon. My payment is just a little over $200 a month. so what you have sent should have me covered for a while. I did get a little good news today. I will be getting un-employment. Although I took a $900 a week cut it is better than nothing. Last year I had a slush fund to cover me for 7+ months. After I was back to work, I filtered money into the bike, house, X-mas, surgery for the rabbit (yes we have a pet rabbit), deleting my funds. Not expecting to be laid off, because the company I was working for was talking of bringing me on full time I wasn't concerned with getting low. Then the defication hits the rotary occilator and I'm out of a job.

Good news / bad news.

Good: I have a job interview tomorrow. It is a little out of my field but I guess I have a chance or they wouldn't have bothered setting up an interview. I have a couple of other things in the works but they are waiting on "approval". I have been waiting on one for allmost a year now, don't want to let it go because it is geat money and they have an 11 month riding season.

Bad: Radiator in car breaks on inside. Transmission cooler and radiator are the same unit. I now have trany fluid in coolant. Must dump car off befor the end of the week. When it rains it pours.

One thing that comes through are friends. I concider most of you friends and have only met a couple of you. One thing most of my friends know is I am only a phone call away. I have dropped everything before to help a friend and I'm sure I'll do it again. Like the song goes "I get by with a little help from my friends".

A buddy of mine used to call me Murphy. As in Murphys Law. I tell you if I bet on heads and tails of a coin it would land on its edge. That went away about 8 years ago. Now Murphy seems to be rearing his ugly head again. I'll just do the same as allways. Drive on, and lead by example!

Thank you all for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't ask for a better group of people!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again,

Steve

One other thing. I don't have much family. This has never been an issue for me. I don't much care for the family that is out there, with a couple of exceptions of course. I have adopted friends as family. I have friends in PA that are as close as any brother or sister could ever be. My room mate from the Army and I are the same way. He is my brother in every way except blood. All of the above I would trust with my life and gladly give mine for them, they all know this and accept it as my way.

If any of you need anything, and think I may be able to help, don't be shy about asking. I'll allways do what I can.

Thank you again,

Steve

If any of you need anything, and think I may be able to help, don't be shy about asking.  I'll allways do what I can.

Thank you again,

Steve
We all need the same thing Tree......a brother to get back on his feet.
That will make us happy!!!!!
Have a great night........ and day tomorrow big guy.
Best of luck on the interview!!!
Bill

You are questioning Mr. Movie? BTW - there is another way cool movie with Michael Biehn in it called K2. Rent it today... It is worth your time my brotha from the great white North!
why rent....then ya gotta take this fricken thing back the next day....

IS IT JUST ME...OR IS REVLIS'S BIG EYE STARTIN' TO FREAK YOU OUT TOO.....KIDDIN' REV

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tree Good to hear from you, keep us posted.  I am the same way with my friends.  My family...well they were never really there when I needed them, except for dear ole' Mum.  

Tree, Still expect you to make it to Tampa at some point.  I called Mikeusf to find out where the riding and dinner was going to be...bummed you couldn't make it...Next time though...

Good Luck with your interview bro.

Rubberside...
thumbs-up.gif

"Spinning complacently in the darkness
Covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives
False security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber
Wake Up!
<span style='color:orangered'>An eye is upon you</span>
Staring straight down and keenly through
Seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be
<span style='color:orangered'>Yes an eye is upon you</span>an eye ready to blink.
SO face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling
Your future has arrived...Are you ready yo go?"

Very nice guys you make me proud ! Tree I just sent you a 50 spot.Dont ever worry about returning it. Take care of you and what family you choose to and ride safe! Godspeed !

Wake Up!
<span style='color:orangered'>Yes an eye is upon you</span>an eye ready to blink.
Rev... You may be starting to scare me...

I did a search to see more about Powerman 2000 and came up with this: http://www.angelfire.com/punk2/staticj69/photos.html

wow.gif

BTW - a while back you said "Knock Knock..."

And, I said, "Who's there?"

So... What's the friggin punchline man!

BTW - a while back you said "Knock Knock..."

And, I said, "Who's there?"

So...  What's the friggin punchline man!
Sorry Man, No punchline...I was trying to wake folks up a bit...and right now I am drawing a blank... friggen head full of work...

Well the interview seemed to go prety good. I am almost over qualified in one area and severly under in another. Most importantly I can do the job and I think this got through in the interview. This was the first employer in a long time that didn't crap his pants when he saw what I was asking for salary wise. That made me feel much better. I am thinking positive on this one. The look of surprise on his face when I asked if a small part was tig welded (and it was) by hand or if they had automated machines was a good sign. I have even used their products before, and worked places where they purchase parts. I won't know about a second interview untill next Friday at the earliest. It would be nice to be back to work before the end of the month.

Revlis and Mikesuf,

I may still need to come down for an interview in the next few weeks. I may have to bring the cage though. Unless I UPS a box of clothes, which isn't out of the question. If nothing elese I WILL be in FL for bike week next year.

Thanks for the support,
Later,

Steve

Well the interview seemed to go prety good.  I am almost over qualified in one area and severly under in another.  Most importantly I can do the job and I think this got through in the interview.  This was the first employer in a long time that didn't crap his pants when he saw what I was asking for salary wise.  That made me feel much better.  I am thinking positive on this one.  The look of surprise on his face when I asked if a small part was tig welded (and it was) by hand or if they had automated machines was a good sign.  I have even used their products before, and worked places where they purchase parts.  I won't know about a second interview untill next Friday at the earliest.  It would be nice to be back to work before the end of the month.

Revlis and Mikesuf,

I may still need to come down for an interview in the next few weeks.  I may have to bring the cage though.  Unless I UPS a box of clothes, which isn't out of the question.  If nothing elese I WILL be in FL for bike week next year.  

Thanks for the support,
Later,

Steve
Sounds like it went well Tree.....that's great.

Well the interview seemed to go prety good.  I am almost over qualified in one area and severly under in another.  Most importantly I can do the job and I think this got through in the interview.  This was the first employer in a long time that didn't crap his pants when he saw what I was asking for salary wise.  That made me feel much better.  I am thinking positive on this one.  The look of surprise on his face when I asked if a small part was tig welded (and it was) by hand or if they had automated machines was a good sign.  I have even used their products before, and worked places where they purchase parts.  I won't know about a second interview untill next Friday at the earliest.  It would be nice to be back to work before the end of the month.

Revlis and Mikesuf,

I may still need to come down for an interview in the next few weeks.  I may have to bring the cage though.  Unless I UPS a box of clothes, which isn't out of the question.  If nothing elese I WILL be in FL for bike week next year.  

Thanks for the support,
Later,

Steve
Thanks for your Support...Damn man we've turned Tree into Bartles and/or James.
jump9.gif

Interviews fry my nerves, for my last interview I actually stopped by Hooter's and had a couple shots of Stoli. Seemed to help keep me relaxed...

Good Luck Tree we are pulling for you. Give a shout if you come down. We'll get you fed, and show you around Tampa some.

Later...

Hey Tree, I didn't know you were going through such a hard time. The other's here might not know it, but I am from Wood River IL. Grew up there (like the song says: "Got drunk there, found Jesus there, got my first....." well, I hate that song anyway). I plan on hooking up with you when I get out there, and I am sure Bob does too. We'll go riding. I too worked in engineering design when I lived there. I worked for years for Emerson Electric in St. Louis, MO. I am sure most of my old contacts are gone by now but give Emerson a try. Their HQs are on Florrisant Rd. Good luck man, and I'll see you the week of July 7th.

Tom.
biggrin.gif

Hey Folks lets not forget to keep watering our Tree...

NO NOT like That Rubberside....
oh.gif

Wake Up!
powerman 5000?

Well I finally got a call from the company I interviewed with the week before last. No second interview. I spoke with them on Friday and everything seemed a go for a second interview. Today I got the old I had people with Masters Degrees interviewing for the same job. I guess the area is so depressed around here that people with a M.S. are applying for designers positions. At least that is the excuse I recieved. All though I can't see a person with an advanced degree doing what I felt like was going to be simple design work. I am hoping one of the two in FL will pan out soon.

N.E.,

Bose still has the same Mechanical Designer job posted. Are they up to date with their postings? Should I re-submit my resume?

Thanks to everyone who sent money!!! If you sent money and didn't get a PM from me please PM me and let me know.

Later,

Steve

Well I finally got a call from the company I interviewed with the week before last.  No second interview.  I spoke with them on Friday and everything seemed a go for a second interview.  Today I got the old I had people with Masters Degrees interviewing for the same job.  I guess the area is so depressed around here that people with a M.S. are applying for designers positions.  At least that is the excuse I recieved.  All though I can't see a person with an advanced degree doing what I felt like was going to be simple design work.  I am hoping one of the two in FL will pan out soon.

N.E.,

Bose still has the same Mechanical Designer job posted.  Are they up to date with their postings?  Should I re-submit my resume?

Thanks to everyone who sent money!!!  If you sent money and didn't get a PM from me please PM me and let me know.

Later,

Steve
Usually up to date. Resubmitt and send me a copy.

mike_thurow@bose.com I will at least get it to the right people.

Well I finally got a call from the company I interviewed with the week before last.  No second interview.  I spoke with them on Friday and everything seemed a go for a second interview.  Today I got the old I had people with Masters Degrees interviewing for the same job.  I guess the area is so depressed around here that people with a M.S. are applying for designers positions.  At least that is the excuse I recieved.  All though I can't see a person with an advanced degree doing what I felt like was going to be simple design work.  I am hoping one of the two in FL will pan out soon.

N.E.,

Bose still has the same Mechanical Designer job posted.  Are they up to date with their postings?  Should I re-submit my resume?

Thanks to everyone who sent money!!!  If you sent money and didn't get a PM from me please PM me and let me know.

Later,

Steve
Hey Bro,

PM Me regarding when you are going to be in the Tampa area. If nothing else Mike and I can probably take you out and get ya dinner somewhere if you have the time.

Let me know.

Back