Tree Needs your Help...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK the thread in (general) "may have to sell the Busa" was posted awhile back. From the sound of things Tree needs a hand, if we get enough of us to pitch in a little maybe we can save a Busa? OK, is saving someone elses Busa a high priority in the grand scheme of things? Maybe not, but can we do it?

Check out the thread, enough of us can save alot more than one Busa...

Tree
Rookie

Group: Members
Location: Wood River, IL -(St. Louis, MO area) Posted: May 30 2003,1:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All right. I'm having no luck finding any kind of employment. I interviewed for a couple of jobs that were out of my field and got the usual, "we hired some one more qualified". No crap. Why did you interview me in the first place when you knew I wasn't qualified. Being a Mechanical Designer if I apply for a laborer position I am prety much brushed off. Even though I used to be a laborer, they don't care. They they like to ask what I made at my last job. If I lie, they have something to hold against me. It I tell the truth I get the sob story, we can't pay you that much. I reply with "I still need a job". I found out last week that I may not be eligable for un-employment this time. The local office screwed up my paper work. Now I have to wait an additional 2 weeks just to find out if I am eligable. Fortunately my federal income tax came back and this will cover our general house bills for the next couple of months. My only wory is the bike.

Any way. As much as I hate to do it, if you would like to help, my address is:

Steven Long
860 Longfellow Ave.
Wood River, IL 62095

I will keep detailed records for those who do choose to help me out, and I will pay you back in full as soon as I am back to work.

Thanks

Steve [/QUOTE]

I have sent him $25, Rubberside is in for at least $20 that I know of, and there may be others. Can we get together on this?

In true RSD fashion...

letter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
20 Euros must have land next to Wood River and sorry but in my little country side we don't find $ easily (on command).
Good luck !

I didn't read that post originally, but I would be willing to help. Has anyone talked to Tree lately? What is the target amount that he needs?

Just keep the post at the top. They will come. Don't ask who sent our not and how much, unless people want to say. That is between the people and Tree. Yes, I do not mnd saying that I sent along something to try and help out.

Just keep the post at the top.  They will come.  Don't ask who sent our not and how much, unless people want to say.  That is between the people and Tree.  Yes, I do not mnd saying that I sent along something to try and help out.
I hope I don't offend anyone when I ask how much Tree needs to save the bike. My mind just works that way. if he doesn't need all that much, I would send $25 or so, but if he needs a good chunk, I know that $25 may not go as far as I would like it to, so I would send $100. It is all about perspectives.

To be honest I do not think that Tree wants to say, I know rubberside was figuring around $200-$250.  I have been planning on sending him him a $20 each month till Tree Begs for mercy.
biggrin.gif

As for asking how much he needs I do not think it is rude at all.  It's relevant info, this is something that we as the most Whoop-Ass Bunch of miscreants on two wheels can and should be willing to do for one another.

Ok so we cannot get organized on a "Crash" fund, the parts listing fell through, but Damnit, there isn't a Busa Owner out there who cannot put themselves in Tree's shoes and get a cold shiver.  

Don't send more than you can afford, the key here is to let us know how much you have actually kicked in.  If we can keep it going monthly and there is about 20 of us we are looking at like $10 a month each doing a fine job...

KbiO, NIghtstalker, S7r4nger, Remember right now the Exchange rate favors the Euro I believe, if you want to send something along to a member for whatever reason, send 10 Euros.  Should change out favorably.  I would just avoid sending Pound coins as the shipping would be a beeaatch!

Just keep the post at the top.  They will come.  Don't ask who sent our not and how much, unless people want to say.  That is between the people and Tree.  Yes, I do not mnd saying that I sent along something to try and help out.
Ninja Eater.....you ol' softee..... yer not such a hard azz lookin mutha after all.....

thx man....

Rip u bastid.....hee hee hee......cool pic.....

thx man.....mean that .

post_6_55862_letter.jpg

To be honest I do not think that Tree wants to say, I know rubberside was figuring around $200-$250.  I have been planning on sending him him a $20 each month till Tree Begs for mercy.
biggrin.gif

As for asking how much he needs I do not think it is rude at all.  It's relevant info, this is something that we as the most Whoop-Ass Bunch of miscreants on two wheels can and should be willing to do for one another.

Ok so we cannot get organized on a "Crash" fund, the parts listing fell through, but Damnit, there isn't a Busa Owner out there who cannot put themselves in Tree's shoes and get a cold shiver.  

Don't send more than you can afford, the key here is to let us know how much you have actually kicked in.  If we can keep it going monthly and there is about 20 of us we are looking at like $10 a month each doing a fine job...

KbiO, NIghtstalker, S7r4nger, Remember right now the Exchange rate favors the Euro I believe, if you want to send something along to a member for whatever reason, send 10 Euros.  Should change out favorably.  I would just avoid sending Pound coins as the shipping would be a beeaatch!
rev.....always thinkin' he be da smart boy on da site.

I feel like Jethro Bodine....an' he's my Uncle Jed .

Thats us...one big happy family....

The Fuggin' Clampetts....

Back