Tre??

ranman

busaless but lovin the weather
Donating Member
Registered
hi fellow busa men and ladies
I think that i`m geting a smart tre.
the guestion is that i have a acumen gear indicator. will the acumen read 5th gear? or will it work corectly with a tre?
i know i`m going to get flauged for buying a tre. but i want to try one. but i also love the tree jokes.
oh and the tre is for the busa not the front yard [tree]
thanks for the help
baaa.gif
beerchug.gif

Yes, the gear indicator will read 5th and 6th gear. When you install it, you will program it with the number of gears that your bike has (6) then you will program it for the gears (tach signal). It will read 5th and 6th, where ever you program it. BTW, I recommend that you program it while riding, but it will take more than the 1/2 mile that the instructions say....

thanks mc i already have the gear indicator installed. eaven with re programing it youre saying it will only read 5-6th or am i missunderstanding?

thanks mc  i already have the gear indicator installed. eaven with re programing it youre saying it will only read 5-6th or am i missunderstanding?
What I am saying is that when you install the TRE, you may have to reprogram your gear indicator, but it will read 5th and 6th gear where ever you program them. If you already have the Acumen installed and programmed, install the TRE, you may not need to do anything. Bottom line is that the Acumen will read all the gears that you program it with.

Hope this helps...

ok fellas and gals
i bought the checkerd flag smart tre and installed it,it did not affect my acuem gear indicator. and after a day of 142 miles and one big ticket. and lunch with my wife, i did city and highway ,fast hence the ticket. and also around town rideing. and here is my 2.5cents
the tre smothed out the low speed jitters, witch was pleasing to the wife, it improved the low end responce easyer to spin the tire and do weelies. so in my opinion it is worth the 54.95$ the ticket will be at least 4times that cost with no benifit. ha ha .
sure i`m going to catch flack for installing a tree on my bike and not in my yard.
baaa.gif

i put a tre on my busa and it did exactly what i needed it to do....which was what they said it would.

Back