TRE Question?

kingsolomon12

Registered
Ok the TRE is a timing retard eliminator, right? It gives u full power in the first 3 gears that Suzuki restricted + takes the limiter off for top end right? Does it just alter paramaters i.e. torque avail in gears 1-3 or is it like a custom map or are these basically the same things - on a stock Hayabusa what kind of difference are u likely to feel - does it smooth out power as some have suggested - sorry I am a little confused?
Also will a power Commander do the same as the TRE modd, i.e. giving full power go gears 1-3 just not alter the top end restriction - what speed are the 2003/4's restricted too?
Thanks,
MarK.
smile.gif

p.s. funny havn't even got the bike yet and am looking into modds
smile.gif

smile.gif

the tre will take out the "timing retard" and derestrict it top end by tricking the ecu into thinking its only in 5 gear. Supposedly the tre smooths out the low end "surging" that people seem to have. It does not have so called "maps" as a PC does. A PC does NOT do the same thing but in my opinion, with a good mapped bike you can rid your bike of the surging and make it smooth throughout the power range, although a pc will not derestrict it though.
cool.gif

Look at it as a top end destrictor only.  If you are not going to travel over 186 miles per hour forget it.  Think about it after you hit 186mph (true) not before.  You can tune out the bottom with out it.

As far as where? Lots of places including on this site under merchandise and classifieds from time to time. Do a search for TRE you will come up with Ivans and a lot more.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077487309 -->

Back