TRE question

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, simply put. The 99-00 'Busa is unrestricted. The TRE derestricts all later models. So ... does the TRE make the later models run like the 99-00 model or does the 99-00 models run slightly better since it came from factory unrestricted?

Kinda like having a 2 sheets of paper. One blank and the other written on with a pencil but was erased. The blank one is perfectly blank while the other, while close to being blank, still has a bit of residue.

The TRE does smooth out the bike in gears 1-3. So you would still benefit with a TRE.

the 99/00's still had the timing retardation I believe.. just no RPM governor in 6th gear like the 01+.

Personally i think the tre is worth about .25 cents..

TNJ let me borrow his TRE and I never even bothered to install it.. haha still got it.. anybody know how to get up with him?

It is easy to check it yourself. If you lift your tank there is a three pin connector on the left side of the engine toward the back. If i remember correctly it has a black, pink and maybe a blue wire (dont quote me on the colors). You add a risistor to the GPS wire from the tranny and ground the other side to the black wire on that plug (the pink wire should be the GPS wire. Make sure you ground the side that came out of the tranny (not on the computer side). You can try a TRE for pennies, if you dont like it then throw it away. The proper resistor value for 5th gear should be 6.8k. Do an internet search to double check the wire colors before you start or if you don't find any info i can pull the tank up and check on mine if you PM me.

Not an expert, about the TRE. Notice letting off the throttle engine hovers at 1500 rpms for few seconds before dropping to 1150 idle. Dropped idle setting to 1050 rpms. Now it drops immediately to idle. Only a guess is the 5th gear mapping used by the TRE isn't as well developed for lower RPM.
Know about the speed restrictor. But 99-00 Busa didn't have the first gear engine timing retard ? Had the impression Suzuki did that more for taming down throttle response making it more user friendly.
Noticed better gas mileage after using the TRE.

Okay, simply put. The 99-00 'Busa is unrestricted. The TRE derestricts all later models. So ... does the TRE make the later models run like the 99-00 model or does the 99-00 models run slightly better since it came from factory unrestricted?

Kinda like having a 2 sheets of paper. One blank and the other written on with a pencil but was erased. The blank one is perfectly blank while the other, while close to being blank, still has a bit of residue.
In my opinion, having a TRE will make the bike work better than the 99-00 also! If im not wrong the 00-99 also have some sort of "hold back" mechanism in the lower gears to make the accelration smooth... and easier to ride!! I have heard about a lot of people who ended up getting their maps fugged cause of the TRE and finally actually loosing performance...

...though thats not how its worked for me!! I have the Ivan's Smart TRE, and I can feel the difference in lower gears with and without it!! With the TRE ... its a better feel!!

What's a TRE
rock.gif

A new hybrid Tree. Since it is about 1/2 the size of its parent tree's they decided to shorten the name to TRE.

Back