Votes: 201 100.0%
  • Dislike the TRE.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never tried a TRE.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
(CAT3 @ Dec. 28 2006,19:42) According to 2Busa, the TRE simply puts the ECM in 6th Gear Fail Safe Mode, thus, you could get the same results by simply unplugging your stock GPS!  What a hack.  Anyway, thought I would mention, I don't have a TRE, but I have a modded GPS from Smithabusa, or BoostbySmith, and it it has the TRE basically built-in, with a gear indicator, I like it.  Not voting on this one since again, its not a TRE.

Charlie
Please don't mention that TROLL pissed.gif

post_6_16670_post_6_85470_Troll_spray__Large___Small_.jpg

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 28 2006,19:45)
(CAT3 @ Dec. 28 2006,19:42) According to 2Busa, the TRE simply puts the ECM in 6th Gear Fail Safe Mode, thus, you could get the same results by simply unplugging your stock GPS! What a hack. Anyway, thought I would mention, I don't have a TRE, but I have a modded GPS from Smithabusa, or BoostbySmith, and it it has the TRE basically built-in, with a gear indicator, I like it. Not voting on this one since again, its not a TRE.

Charlie
Please don't mention that TROLL pissed.gif
I couldn't resist, sorry. I've been trying to educate him on how to read the "MANUAL" and such. Hopefully he'll pick up what I'm putting down and we can move on to how to properly tune an ECM smile.gif

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 28 2006,19:36) Out of 40 votes...19 like it  rock.gif
I'm as tired of the TRE debate as anyone, but why does the opinion of a product be someone that has never tried it count for anything? Their decision not to buy it based on other's opinions is fine, but does not count one way or another as far as the effectiveness of the unit.

argue.gif

Oh yeah, and

8_6_11v.gif

I got the GI Pro, awesome unit, but I dont really notice that much of a difference with the TRE. I guess its got a little more throttle response. But not much.

I PUT A TRE "" G-PACK"" AND LET ME TELL YOU IT mad.gif ME.

I TEST IT WITH AND WITHOUT SIDE BY SIDE WITH MY BROTHER AND IN LOW GEARS DONT WORK AS I EXPECTED IT SLOW ME DOWN IN MY OPINION ONLY WORKS FOR TO THE 6TH LIMIT RPM

NEXT I LL TRIE A GI PRO THEN "MAYBE" I CHANGE MY MIND

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much confirmed what I read here. My tuner said TREs are good for low mid range (most normal riders) but to get all out capability for strip....leave it off.

Built into the GI Pro and I like it that way. With a touch of a button it can be on or off. And I do notice a little better slow riding performance around town. As far as the top end there is no difference. But at that speed how could anybody notice.

I put the tre. and I love it. The thing I like best about it is when you map the bike, your only mapping 5th gear. It does take the top speed limit away. You can also run a few hundred rpms into the redline every gear. As the 5th gear map allows this. Basically the tre makes the bike run the same all the time. Once you know what to expect, you can start running consistent quarters.

I've got the GIPro which I have turned to off, but it was still totally worth the investment just for the gear indicator.

Well I was inquiring on what wire or wires I splice into to make a on-off switch for my SMTRE from IVAN'S. It was on another section, but never mind. Since I just seen this topic let me just say I just now dissconnected the SMTRE from my bike for the hell of it and went for a ride, came rite back and put it back on, went out again. YEP! Ill keep the SMTRE on till I sell the busa eventually and go back to naked bikes. The bike definitly has smoother throttle responce and lower end TQ. Its a keeper.

(rdwarrior @ May 10 2007,17:29) Well I was inquiring on what wire or wires I splice into to make a on-off switch for my SMTRE from IVAN'S. It was on another section, but never mind. Since I just seen this topic let me just say I just now dissconnected the SMTRE from my bike for the hell of it and went for a ride, came rite back and put it back on, went out again. YEP! Ill keep the SMTRE on till I sell the busa eventually and go back to naked bikes. The bike definitly has smoother throttle responce and lower end TQ. Its a keeper.
and you have a PC3, this only means you do not have it mapped correctly

Well apparently I cant find some one to map it rite then? I aint going back to the guy who already did it for me,besides his personality was like talking to a two by four,LOL and its over 100 miles away. But I did talk to MR. Wheeler in deals gap and he will do the TEKA mod to my stock computer for $89.00 bucks. so since im going to maggy valley for a week and we will be in the RT129 area, dragon, ect. I will be visiting him, BUT this time I will stand by the bike being mapped and show him excatly what its doing at what RPM.Like I said, I hate fuel injection,LOL. I dont plan on doing any more mods to the BUSA other than what I did already, save for the seals for the ram air box, so he said I wouldnt need the PC3R and he can re map the stock computer with the TEKA.

(TurboSN95 @ Jan. 11 2007,14:28) I got the GI Pro, awesome unit, but I dont really notice that much of a difference with the TRE.  I guess its got a little more throttle response.  But not much.
isn't that the whole point? all TREs are the same but for those that will disengage while in neutral smoothing out idle?

i'm still debating on whehter to install that on my 04. Seems like a cheap enough mod, just not convinced that using the 5th map for all gear isn't going to have some long term bad effects on the engine.

i heard that it would run a bit too rich while using the 5th timing. i'm guessing this won't be as bad as a lean running block but still can't be that great for the carbon deposits.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back