Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to get one

• I will probably never have one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a good question, I know from the board that a tre smooths out the low gears, but is it worth it on a stock bike with bolt ons?? rock.gif

experts rock.gif

rock.gif

I put one{TRE} in about a month ago. Didn't really notice any impovements in torque or HP in the first 3 or 4 gears depending on who you talk to. But I have notice I haven't missed a shift since. I've been thinking about taking it out. Because I have noticed it has been running a bit rough in nutrual. I have also noticed it might be running a bit rich at times. This fall when its time to put her away for the winter I will install exhaust and a PC.

I have taken two runs with mine, Ivans, one without tre and one with, when I compared the two yes, it did smoothe out the lower gears biggrin.gif

DIY active tree uses resistor and 12v relay. In Neutral is short to ground. This can supply a relay that'll short out the 6.8 k resistor to ground. ECU sees neutral and not 5th gear resistor. Smooths out surging during idle in neutral.
Think of the Gear sensor as a 7 pole rotorary switch. Six resistors with common ground connection and neutral direct connection to ground. The sensor wires are a ground wire and a switch pole throw wire.
ZX14 is using a secondary throttle butterfly to tame throttle response in low gears. An advance over retarding the spark to tame down the first gears throttle response.

HUGE difference in the lower gears with my TRE. Much smother when chugging around at low speeds & in parking lots etc.

Dudes,,,,,I bought one of the "smart Tre's" AND it absolutely, positively does NOTHING other than take away the 186 restriction..........I've installed it , took it off , Installed it , took it off, installed it and guess what? It's off now! NO Differ HMMMM........... maybe the DYNO can tell.....But who cares

Maybe your seat o' pants dyno is off. I noticed a difference in mine, absolutely possitively. wink.gif
Maybe you got a defective tre

A real dyno wont pick anything up as it does not change horsepower, only throttle response/timming. Your 1/4 mile times should be down but peak HP will remain the same.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154443351 -->

thats a good question, I know from the board that a tre smooths out the low gears, but is it worth it on a stock bike with bolt ons??  rock.gif

experts  rock.gif

I installed the GI Pro last Friday. Big difference and that is stock except for the Yosh slip ons. Quality product- works very nicely. I'm skeptical by nature and am extremely pleased with it.

<!--EDIT|MX Tuner
Reason for Edit: "blatant operator computer ignorance"|1154487960 -->

rock.gif

Dudes....Mine must be defective,,,,,,,It doesnt do jack in the lower gears at all!!!!!Same as stock...I can't believe it should make that big of difference...

One of the features of the GI pro is that it deactivates while in neutral. Rough idle and rich mixture are eliminated. You can also select 5'th or 6'th gear mapping or.....just turn it off and keep the gear indicator. A very smart product.

We'll, first things first...

If you don't want to go 187+ then dont even bother.

If you like screaming around on the Xway around 200 +/- GO FOR IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back