Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I'm curious how many of my Busa Brothers actually have a tre (any variation) installed on their bikes and how they rate it's effect on the wonder machine.

As I go back in forth in my own mind I would love to hear personal comments.

On the hand it seems like almost free low end torque but as I seldom race and mostly sport tour (so to speak, long flat Florida roads), I don't want to worry about popping a wheelie up at every stop sign. Sooo, I'm wondering how pronounced the effect of a tre has.

I have one but recently removed it for now. I will reinstall it when I get an after market exhaust and power commander.

I want to get one, but I need to figure out which exhaust I want to go with first.

I voted "It rocks" simply because it does what its supposed to do ... eliminate the 186 cap.

No choice for 'I used to have it but removed it.' rock.gif rock.gif

Basically, my mechanic says it's useless on my '00. tounge.gif I doubt I could tell the difference either way. cool.gif

rock.gif

tried it...sold it...going to the one built into the GIpro ATRE....just because the price was right.
Prolly get more out of it if you have the bike mapped with the device installed. Many just slap it in...and maybe that works for them.

What's a TRE <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>??</span>

I'm curious how many of my Busa Brothers actually have a tre (any variation) installed on their bikes and how they rate it's effect on the wonder machine.

As I go back in forth in my own mind I would love to hear personal comments.

On the hand it seems like almost free low end torque but as I seldom race and mostly sport tour (so to speak, long flat Florida roads), I don't want to worry about popping a wheelie up at every stop sign. Sooo, I'm wondering how pronounced the effect of a tre has.
It didn't do anything for me but make my low speed throttle response mega jerky and make the bike run rich at cruising speed.......oh and it screwed up the idle bigtime. The problem with the tre is that it makes the computer think its in 5th gear all the time......so all those fancy custom fuel/ignition maps for each gear/diff loads/rpms Suzuki designed for the Busa to make it run like it does are defeated. If your gonna take your bike back to the days of one map fits all you might as well just stick a set of carbs on it. And the tre did NOTHING for my low end except ruin the smooth power delivery. Suzuki thought it might be a good idea to ramp up the torque in the lower gears instead of having it hit all at once...which is a good thing when you have 100 ft/lbs of it wow.gif You get the same torque with or without the tre...you just have to twist the throttle alittle more is all. So instead of a herky jerky hit of torque everytime you bump the throttle you get a smooth predictable surge when and where you want it. That sounds pretty good to me tounge.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif So if you want more torque twist more throttle....and if you wanna go over 186 get a switchable tre.

What's a TRE <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>??</span>
its something that seams to remove the low speed jitters. most just say dont go slow. but for sum of us who mainly ride around town, in trafic and at lower speeds. it works. as far as wheeles, control your throtle. i have a 16/42 and a smart tre. no problems. you can get the front up anytime you want , withought useing the clutch.
i bet a couple people who ask whats a tre might have one? just guessing. cheep and easy 55$
just my .2.5cents

Man... has this subject been beat to death or what?! laugh.gif A more interesting poll might be, "Have you, or do you ever plan to, push your Busa to its absolute speed limit?" Some certainly have, but I'd bet most won't (although its a nice feeling to the capability is there).

I've read a lot of posts on the TRE subject. Sad part is, I've never seen any real technical explaination how Suz managed to limit the top end in 2001. But from what I've read, I got the impression it's not a simple matter of just overriding the Suz's change(s) with a resistor. Mapping, and probably other changes more than likely need to take place.

I sure would like to run across a person that really knows the technical ins and outs between the 99/00 and the newer models someday though! tounge.gif

As for me? Stock is fine. If I was concerned about exceeding 186, I'd be doing it on a track, professionally. 186 vs 199mph? What's 13mph between friends? Bragging rights, I suppose. cool.gif

bought my '03 with PC IIIr, HMF Hi Duals, 16/42 combo, and Ivan's TRE already on bike. I've ridden only one stock busa since-n it sucked. I outpull other busas like busas outpull 900s. I have ridden mine up to redline in 6th only a handful of times...but it sure as he11 was FUN!biggrin.gif Never noticed any problems with bikes' driveability or low-end power delivery...I did switch to 87 octane, n noticed the exhaust dint stink so much of unburnt fuel anymore?rock.gif

Just received my JSD-3, but haven't had a chance to plug it in and try it out yet. Will post back after I do.

i bet a couple people who ask whats a tre might have one? just guessing. cheep and easy 55$
just my .2.5cents [/QUOTE]

Yes...$55 for a 2½¢ resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back