Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to get one

• I will probably never have one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes,,,,,I bought one of the "smart Tre's" AND it absolutely, positively does NOTHING other than take away the 186 restriction..........I've installed it , took it off , Installed it , took it off, installed it and guess what? It's off now! NO Differ HMMMM........... maybe the DYNO can tell.....But who cares
send it to me baaa.gif

I'm no expert, but I ask a lot of questions before I put anything on my bike. Because I am not going to put anything on it to hurt performance in the ways I like it (drag racing). So here is what I have concluded about the tre and why I don't have one. I may be wrong but it makes sense. It gets rid of the restriction because it fools the bike into thinking it is always in 5th so it never hits the 6th gear restriction. So it also thinks it is in 5th gear in first. Making any power commander map except the 5th gear map useless. I think it feels smoother in th elower gears because it doesn't have as much power as it is supposed to. I mean think about it. At lower speeds in lower gears it thinks it is in 5th and is delivering a 5th gear amount of fuel. The problem with that is that in 5th gear you are supposed to be at higher speeds and taking in a lot of air through the ram air. So in first gear you are taking in a lot of fuel without the needed air to make the power the bike is supposed to make. Hence it feels smoother because it is running rich until it is actually at higher speed. I emailed Lee Shierts a while back and said the he ONLY uses it in top speed runs. Not in drag racing or daily driving. I might do the gps mod or I think someone mentioned a tre that you can turn on only when you need it. That might be cool. But I want my bike making the power it is supposed to make in the lower gears. So I will leave it off. I may eventually lose to a guy that has one, but I'll wax his butt all the way to 186 beerchug.gif

Wolfman and others...I wondered about the use of the powercommander and the tre.

Does the tre also make the PowerCommander think your only in 5th as well?

If that's the case what's the point of a Powercommander at all, your only running a 1 gear map, 5th.

When downshifting and then hitting it, I've begun to notice kinda of a lag/surge...I kinda thought maybe it was just me not running the throttle correctly, but I don't know.

The other thing I noticed is my gas mileage has dropped from 41-45 to right around 36. That would leave me to believe that your theory of running rich is correct. Wonder if it hasn't fouled my plugs as well, if that's the case.

Bike runs great, I mean when I hit it...it goes hard.

Seems like a waste of $300 for my PCIII though...hmmmm. Do any additional mods, like exhaust, only make the supposed problem worse?

Anybody care to elaberate, does the tre make the PCIII run a 5th gear map continuoously, or does it only trick the ignition and not the fuel injection?

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155093726 -->

Like I said before, I don't know for sure. I know the power commander runs in-line with your factory wiring harness so it probably thinks whatever the rest of the bike thinks. I don't know for sure though. Maybe one of the other guys will know for sure.

Well I looked around some and it seems to only mess with the timing. I don't know how it works with a power commander though. Timing is very important for performance. I have been reading this book "Sportbike Performance" and it talks about timing quite a bit. I actually recommend that book for everyone. It breaks down how the bike works and everything so that the bike owner can make his own decisions on how to build his bike once he has a better understanding of how everything works and is effected by other things.

wow!!!! I'm going to get another one,,,,,,Two has to be better than one....Because the other one doesn't do jack....

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Ive got an ATRE works for what I use it for

ALSO GOT A REG IVANS TRE FOR SALE $30 shipped</span>

JD

Anybody care to elaberate, does the tre make the PCIII run a 5th gear map continuously, or does it only trick the ignition and not the fuel injection?

bump.gif

Well it depends if you have a TRE or an ATRE (adjustable) what gear. HOWEVER NONE do anything to the PC it works with your ECM tricking the computer with different gears. Use it to go over 186mph the rest can be tuned.

Anybody care to elaberate, does the tre make the PCIII run a 5th gear map continuously, or does it only trick the ignition and not the fuel injection?

bump.gif
60 people, according to the pole, use tre(s) and no one knows the answer to this?

I would think this is a pretty important question and people would either know or would want to know (I know I do), one $35 tre is potentially throwing your $300 power commander in the toilet making it useless regardless of your mods.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155266770 -->

Ok. I looked into it more and it says that it fools the ecu into thinking it is in 5th the whole time. If that is the case then the computer should not only be giving the 5th gear timing but also the fifth gear fuel because the same ecu controls both. We can know for sure if one of you guys who has a tre AND a power commander would hook your bike up to an air/fuel ratio gauge and check out first gear in the lower rpm/s. If it is running a fifth gear map then it will be WAY rich. So... Any takers who have both mods?

I think I'll pop mine off and let the power commander do it's job...and see if I notice an increase in gas mileage and any performance change.

Edit-well mines out sitting on a shelf, to much to do to try it today. I'll fill up tomorrow and twist the wrist some and write back with an honest evaluation. As I've been riding with one for a while now, it'll be intersting to see if I can tell the difference going the other way.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155249650 -->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back