Votes: 201 100.0%
  • Dislike the TRE.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never tried a TRE.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ask me again after Christmas morning beerchug.gif I hope the weather holds up to test it out. am I asking for to much lol

used for months then removed to check the ride without it, i re installed one,
everyone feels diffrent about them

Mine's still on too. I've read about the slower drag times, but I don't drag race or notice any less performance; the smoothness and what feels like better low end torque does it for me.

What Red05 said ----- There is one other cool side effect with it on....... Better if you have slipon's or a full pipe.. when sitting still in neutral with the clutch pulled in.. at idle
the engine kinda goes bing bing bing--- then let the clutch out [still in neutral]
the engine note changes-- to a deeper tone and a lower idle speed.. kinda like a NHRA funny car or dragster... sounds after the burnout just before the launch.
Timing change-- more ignition advance.. yep still a kid a heart @ 55 1/2

How about the fuel mileage? I don't have any problems with the way mine runs from the factory. By time I peg it I've had enough. I don't believe I've hit the limit yet.

(dadofthree @ Dec. 18 2006,07:24) How about the fuel mileage? I don't have any problems with the way mine runs from the factory. By time I peg it I've had enough. I don't believe I've hit the limit yet.
Yep, what he said!

(Red05 @ Dec. 17 2006,06:58) Mine's still on too. I've read about the slower drag times, but I don't drag race or notice any less performance; the smoothness and what feels like better low end torque does it for me.
+1

I drag race and still love it....

I had one on my bike for the longest time and i liked it Except for the lumpy ideling...So i sold my old TRE and got my new Smart TRE today...Will let you know how it works... beerchug.gif

Installed but set to off unless going for a very spirited riding day...GI Pro w/ Smart TRE.

(Over_Easy @ Dec. 20 2006,18:37) Installed but set to off unless going for a very spirited riding day...GI Pro w/ Smart TRE.
just installed. GiPro all I can say is SHOCKED.gif

So......according to the poll, out of 22 people that tried the TRE, 17 of them liked it. Is this just a case of people justifying the money spent, or do the darn things really work? After an hour's worth of on/off testing, I found the bike was more fun to ride, all around, with it on. I believe that the experts that say it hurts performance are convinced, but I am just as convinced that my set-up is better with it.

(Red05 @ Dec. 28 2006,15:44) So......according to the poll, out of 22 people that tried the TRE, 17 of them liked it. Is this just a case of people justifying the money spent, or do the darn things really work? After an hour's worth of on/off testing, I found the bike was more fun to ride, all around, with it on. I believe that the experts that say it hurts performance are convinced, but I am just as convinced that my set-up is better with it.
Out of 40 votes...19 like it rock.gif

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 28 2006,20:36)
(Red05 @ Dec. 28 2006,15:44) So......according to the poll, out of 22 people that tried the TRE, 17 of them liked it. Is this just a case of people justifying the money spent, or do the darn things really work? After an hour's worth of on/off testing, I found the bike was more fun to ride, all around, with it on. I believe that the experts that say it hurts performance are convinced, but I am just as convinced that my set-up is better with it.
Out of 40 votes...19 like it  rock.gif
& 16 never tried it. poke.gif

According to 2Busa, the TRE simply puts the ECM in 6th Gear Fail Safe Mode, thus, you could get the same results by simply unplugging your stock GPS! What a hack. Anyway, thought I would mention, I don't have a TRE, but I have a modded GPS from Smithabusa, or BoostbySmith, and it it has the TRE basically built-in, with a gear indicator, I like it. Not voting on this one since again, its not a TRE.

Charlie

What's a TRE?..................................................Somebody had to say it laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back