TRE installation

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I did a search.... nada.

Does anyone have any pictures showing exactly where the Ivan TRE plugs in? I think I know but not exactly sure...

I lifted my tank and it's a tight squeeze in there and don't really feel like taking off the left side plastic, but I'll do it if needed. Please help! Thanks.

(i got my akrapovic cans installed and they sound nice... tomorrow i'll get my new tires put on along with my 43 rear)

I just installed 1 on my bike tonight and it was easier to do it from the right side of the bike. Once you move to the right side it's real easy to see the plug where the the tre goes. Hope this helps, Dave

I did not take off the plastics, just raise the tank and you'll see it.

Ex-wife has the darn camera again
pissed.gif

I think I got it right....

Is this the way it's supposed to "hang"?

(kinda funny 1300th post... 1300 bike... tre installed with a photo... lol!)

treinstalled.jpg

Can somebody chime in and tell me if I have the tre secured properly as shown in the above photo? Is it fine just like it's shown or do I need to tape it to other wires to make it more secure? Just wondering....

Thanks.

taping, zip tying, whatever surely will not hurt anything, so go ahead and do it to be safe.
all_coholic.gif

(badassbusa03 @ Sep. 14 2006,04:47) taping, zip tying, whatever surely will not hurt anything, so go ahead and do it to be safe.
all_coholic.gif
+1 I zip tied mine to the brown connector shown above it...just so it would stay out the way a bit.

double sided taped my g-pak

Looks good pan, sorry I was late on this one.

About to try it out on my way to get my tires/service done this morning... then I am going to ride for a bit to break in my new tires some... and get used to the 43.

I understand that the TRE doesn't change the dyno numbers, and I've seen drag racers claim that it hurts their times, but I swear my bike runs better with it. It's not like the investment is tainting my judgement; I bought the thing a year ago and never put it on...opinions on this board and just plain forgetting combined to let it sit on a shelf, so the money spent is long forgotten and absorbed.

I would definetly zip-tie it to something Pan . Hanging from the connectors will eventually cause wear issues .

Thanks for the photo's guys. This may be the cure for my Smart TRE blues. I will check the right side for another connector, this may be why I'm getting the FI light. I'm connected on the left side right up high by the tank pivot. I sure hope that's the problem.
THX.

(Red05 @ Sep. 14 2006,10:41) I understand that the TRE doesn't change the dyno numbers, and I've seen drag racers claim that it hurts their times, but I swear my bike runs better with it. It's not like the investment is tainting my judgement; I bought the thing a year ago and never put it on...opinions on this board and just plain forgetting combined to let it sit on a shelf, so the money spent is long forgotten and absorbed.
It will smooth shifting in low speeds and eliminate top speed.

It will hurt the 1/4 mile.

I got a noticeable difference around town.

(heavybusa @ Sep. 14 2006,17:20)
(Red05 @ Sep. 14 2006,10:41) I understand that the TRE doesn't change the dyno numbers, and I've seen drag racers claim that it hurts their times, but I swear my bike runs better with it. It's not like the investment is tainting my judgement; I bought the thing a year ago and never put it on...opinions on this board and just plain forgetting combined to let it sit on a shelf, so the money spent is long forgotten and absorbed.
It will smooth shifting in low speeds and eliminate top speed.

It will hurt the 1/4 mile.

I got a noticeable difference around town.
this is not ture

(Johnnycheese @ Sep. 14 2006,17:06) this is not ture
Johnny......I know that you are the bomb when it comes to these bikes........I have a tre and yes it totally $$%% up my map but it did eliminate the top speed limiter......I am having it tuned soon so how can these little devices be so bad......I know that you don't like them.......Please explain?

again it varies from bike to bike, it all depends on the facgtory map, but a properly mapped bike with no TRE will still go over 10.2K in 6th without using a TRE.

Back