TRE install and the track

train460

Registered
Hey all. going to the 1/4 mile tonight for the first time on the busa.
also just got the tre. should i install before the run and will it help or doesn't matter?

also where is the connector that i plug into?

thanks
Michael

also just got the tre. should i install before the run and will it help or doesn't matter?

also where is the connector that  i plug into?

thanks
Michael
Train...FUZ1ON here...I've had Ivans Smart TRE on my Busa for months now and I'd hafta advise that...

Since it dose elminate the timing retardation in the first 4 gears (the very ones so crucial to 1/4 mile drag'in)?...I'd say "Install It" and take advantage of the "Full Pop" (i.e. combustion)

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

PS...It plugs right in-line with the 3 prong connector located about 8"s under the pilots seat on the left side of the frame.

Try it with and without. Don't think you will see a difference though. Also, you will want to make multiple runs with and without for a good comparison.

Postal.

never done a 1/4 mile... but i still feel that the bike is more responsive in the lower gears with Ivan's smart TRE!! ...then again its just my opinon

also where is the connector that  i plug into?

thanks
Michael
Train...FUZ1ON here...I've had Ivans Smart TRE on my Busa for months now and I'd hafta advise that...

Since it dose elminate the timing retardation in the first 4 gears (the very ones so crucial to 1/4 mile drag'in)?...I'd say "Install It" and take advantage of the "Full Pop" (i.e. combustion)

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
You do you only rev it to 4K on the strip on something???
all gears have the same full advance

gotta be honest...I forgot all about the 4K range limit on the retardation and while "no" I don't race at under 4K rpms I do know of some friends including myself who hold right at or about 4K rpms and then dump the clutch and as the clutch fully engages the tach needle may momentarily dip below 4K rpms..during a well executed holeshot...the most important part of the race.

Back