Power Commander + TRE

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I'm just waiting for the PAIR kit to arrive so that I can complete my BDE exhaust install. I already have the PC3usb and was wondering how do TREs "get along" with PCs.

Also, since the PC is plugged into the same spot the TRE would plug into, how can both be on at the same time?

With a PCIIIusb the TRE will just delimit the top end right. Or will it still change the performance of the bike?

My TRE smoothed out light throttle BIG TIME, even after hooking up and mapping my PCIII USB. Might have been able to smooth it out with a custom map, but the TRE did the trick for now.

Yes, the bike has been beyond the speed limiter many times.

My internet has been down for a while which is why I am just now getting back to this topic.

Anyways, I now see they plug into different places. I'm not sure why I thought differently. As to the TRE not needed with a PC, as far as I know the PC3usb will not eliminate the top speed restriction. That is my reason for wanting the TRE. I know about JC's "1-N-2-3-4-5-5" GPS mod which is probably better than running a 5th gear map in every gear, but the TRE I plan on getting is THIS one. That way I can use the 5th gear map when I do any top speed runs, and turn it off for regular riding which will utilize the stock mapping.

My internet has been down for a while which is why I am just now getting back to this topic.

Anyways, I now see they plug into different places. I'm not sure why I thought differently. As to the TRE not needed with a PC, as far as I know the PC3usb will not eliminate the top speed restriction. That is my reason for wanting the TRE. I know about JC's "1-N-2-3-4-5-5" GPS mod which is probably better than running a 5th gear map in every gear, but the TRE I plan on getting is THIS one. That way I can use the 5th gear map when I do any top speed runs, and turn it off for regular riding which will utilize the stock mapping.
I have this one and like it. Nice to be able to turn it on for blasting past the restricter and then turn it off for everyday riding and drag racing. Good guy to work with too. Sponsored me this past season for racing.

I have this one and like it.  Nice to be able to turn it on for blasting past the restricter and then turn it off for everyday riding and drag racing.  Good guy to work with too.  Sponsored me this past season for racing.
Good to know. Thanks.

Do you think he'll sponsor me too? I don't race ... I just like getting free stuff.
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Just get a regular TRE and add the switch for less then 3 bucks. Its pretty easy . Or change the value of the 6th gear resistor on the GPS to read 4-5-5
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|hionbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137095714 -->

Back