TRE installation

wingman1100

Registered
Hello all,
Having my Busa now for just over two weeks I must say it's hands down the BEST investment I've ever made. It amazes me every time I take her out.

I've been reading about the TRE and seen one for sale on Hayabusazone.
If I install one on my 2000 Busa what exactly should I expect?
I understand the concept but would like advise from those of you who have added one to your bike.

Thanks for helping out the newbie.
Glad to be here, I'm in good company.

A tre will make the low-end throttle response feel much smoother. I noticed a difference and so I just kept mine installed. I've had mine on for about 8 months now and I guess I'll just leave it on. It's been debated about so much and it's supposed to remove the top speed restriction (or whatever)... but I do know for a fact that it'll make 1st and 2nd gear throttle much smoother. I'd only get a tre if that's what you want.

Other than that... it's not a big deal and something any Busa owner can do without.

Dude ... be careful with the TRE. They instantly add 30hp and 10 ft. lbs/torque to the bike. If you don't believe me, I have the dyno chart to prove it. I lost the original one from when I first bought my bike showing 125hp with 80 FP/T. But I still have the post-TRE chart showing 155hp and 91 FP/T.

Wanna see it?
all_coholic.gif

(NightCrawler @ Jun. 13 2007,23:31) Dude ... be careful with the TRE. They instantly add 30hp and 10 ft. lbs/torque to the bike. If you don't believe me, I have the dyno chart to prove it. I lost the original one from when I first bought my bike showing 125hp with 80 FP/T. But I still have the post-TRE chart showing 155hp and 91 FP/T.

Wanna see it?
all_coholic.gif
lol!!!!

He was joking, obviously! lol!

..... or was he? hmmm....

Nah. If you're a new busa owner and thinking about a tre.... just ride the bike and get used to it. IF later, you think you want to make the first 2 gears easier... then, get a tre.

I only got mine to smooth out the throttle for the first 2. It worked(s)...

a lot of debate about this topic. I picked up the Gi-pro. Gear indicator alone makes it worth it. It did smooth out lower gearing. read the facts for yourself. http://www.gi-pro.net

Back