TRE and pcv

Tattooed

Registered
Got the TRE on AMD the PCV USB on today. It started easier and idled perfectly. Couldn't get out to test ride it , it wad pouring rain. Friday is looking like a good day to test it. I Did go with a 16 tooth front sprocket and K&N air filter . Hoping this baby wakes up even more !

You have a full exhaust? Tune? You should. Otherwise the PC is a waste.

ECU editor= more good stuff than the TRE...

I know most don,t like tre,s , and can,t speak for all of them, but I have the XTRE and it works for me. Idles good, gas mpg 40+,power 191hp with other mods. I,ve had it on for 3 yrs (soldered in) no troubles. If I were doing it now ECU would be my choice, because of all the things it can do and the up dates that can be made as new things are found.

I think it depends on the year of the bike. For example, you can't use the ECU editor on a 99 or 2000 without changing the ECU, Stator and the wiring harness or at least modifying it. I use a ATRE on my 2000. I spent a day testing it with and without the ATRE and there is clearly better and smoother performance with the ATRE. If someone were to give me an 32 bit ECU and Stator, to swap out then of course, I would go with the ECU editor.

I dont even know what the ECU editor is. I figured this would be plug and play...

I dont have full exhaust , just TB ms slip ons with high flow filter. I do know it does start with no effort and idles perfect and the throttle response is sensitive as hell.

I dont even know what the ECU editor is. I figured this would be plug and play...

I dont have full exhaust , just TB ms slip ons with high flow filter. I do know it does start with no effort and idles perfect and the throttle response is sensitive as hell.

If you only have slip-ons and aftermarket air filter you don't really need a PC5. Just get rid of the tre and call PowerHouse ask for Frank. Tell him want mods you did on your bike and send him your ECU by mail. If your not to far away from is shop just go there I guaranty he will make your bike run good.

I think it depends on the year of the bike. For example, you can't use the ECU editor on a 99 or 2000 without changing the ECU, Stator and the wiring harness or at least modifying it. I use a ATRE on my 2000. I spent a day testing it with and without the ATRE and there is clearly better and smoother performance with the ATRE. If someone were to give me an 32 bit ECU and Stator, to swap out then of course, I would go with the ECU editor.
Well the 99 and 2000 models are unrestricted and from what I can gather the PC's are better tuning tools. :poke:

The tre robs power. This has been proven on dynos time and time again. It does not matter what tre you have.

Ecu edit.

End thread

Well the 99 and 2000 models are unrestricted and from what I can gather the PC's are better tuning tools. :poke:

Yup, that why I have a PC on mine. However, I've read that those that decided to upgrade their 99 -2000 models to 32 bit ECUs/Stators say the bike runs smoother. I may try that one day.

The tre robs power. This has been proven on dynos time and time again. It does not matter what tre you have.

Ecu edit.

End thread

And there are just as many dyno "reports" that say that it doesn't. Remember, my comment is about a 2000 busa with a 16bit ECU. You can't ECU edit those as far as I know. If you know of a way that you can edit a 16bit ECU, please share.

I did not see till later it was a 99.

And of course you'll find "reports" that they work, from the people selling them. The idea is good, and may work on other make/models is bikes. But here's the one big reason it doesn't. Hayabusas have a ram air compensation portion in the ecu that kicks on in gears 5-6. What that does is injects 10 or 12% more fuel to accommodate the extra air entering from the ram air.

So by tricking the ecu in to thinking its in 5th gear all the time except for when in 6th, yes your gaining the extra ignition timing that gives you the lower rpm power you feel, your in fact richening your afr, and reducing your peak power in the lower gears. And there is no tre that will reduce this effect any more then the other.

Brock Davison, and I believe Greg smith (boost by smith) have done back to back dyno pulls with and without tre's installed, and both showed a decrease in peak power under 5th gear.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any other way to advance the ignition timing in the lower gears on a 2000 busa. And I don't know who's right about peak power but I can tell you one thing, it's a lot smoother in the lower gears and it pulls like a bat out of.... well you know. Believe me, if I had a 32bit ECU, I would used the editing method. That's why I said I may try it one day. I just can't see spending $300+ on the parts I would need to get it done and that doesn't even pay for the editing. So in the meantime, it's an ATRE and a PCIII.

Sorry to the OP. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Back