trashed tranny

shortcut

Donating Member
Registered
well i got a call today from the dealer. tranny got trashed on the trail of tears ride. grinding metal &
loose change noise. rode back to anniston using only
2nd & 5th gears. seems like the small shop i had mount
tires & service FORGOT to replace the oil in my tranny.
i even bought the oil. 6 qts of mobil1 synthetic. 4 for the motor,1 for the primary,& 1 for the transmission. dealer
will not repair under the extended warranty i paid $1500
for when i bought the bike. small shop says they'll fix it though.we shall see. leaving sat morning for the bash
with a BMW rider friend. his bike looks like a dirt bike on steroids if ya know what i mean. looking forward to meeting everybody and i'm bringing my new camera and
my new busa. God grant me the serenity.................
race.gif

not 1 reply or word of encouragement in two days with over 30 views.
i know this is not a harley forum however it is my other motorcycle. i feel shunned like the amish from a group i have come to admire & respect
over the past 6 months or so. hope things are different at the bash tomorrow. maybe i'm being oversensitive-maybe not.
rant.gif

You have a crappy service center there. I had a buell that went back several times to the local shop and he never made me pay an extra cent for all the rework that had to be done even when it was the fault of the manufacturer. I hope all goes well with the repairs.

I hope the hayabusa is trouble free for ya. I know mine has been great to me.

(shortcut @ Sep. 27 2007,16:38) well i got a call today from the dealer. tranny got trashed on the trail of tears ride. grinding metal &
loose change noise. rode back to anniston using only
2nd & 5th gears. seems like the small shop i had mount
tires & service FORGOT to replace the oil in my tranny.
i even bought the oil. 6 qts of mobil1 synthetic. 4 for the motor,1 for the primary,& 1 for the transmission. dealer
will not repair under the extended warranty i paid $1500
for when i bought the bike. small shop says they'll fix it though.we shall see. leaving sat morning for the bash
with a BMW rider friend. his bike looks like a dirt bike on steroids if ya know what i mean. looking forward to meeting everybody and i'm bringing my new camera and
my new busa. God grant me the serenity.................
race.gif
Where are the photos,dude?
crazy.gif

You know we're photos ho's.
laugh.gif

earlier this year when i owned a harley my buddy bought a new one so when he took it in for the 500 mile break in oil change they kinda forgot to fill it up ...so the engine locked up big time within a few miles i know u guys think it wouldnt take that long but the harleys use a dry sump system adn if thereis a few oz left it could run until it gets hot or warmer any way he had to go to court with the dealer cuz the denied it all ...after that i do my own work as much as i can and i inspect every thing after work has been done , like i just went to get a tire mounted and balanced and the pressure was 20 lbs **** like that
beerchug.gif

Dayyuuum, is it me or does it seem like a lot of ex- harley guys ar jumping ship here lately?

Welcome aboard Playaz and enjoy your new love!!
beerchug.gif

(shortcut @ Sep. 28 2007,18:54) not 1 reply or word of encouragement in two days with over 30 views.
i know this is not a harley forum however it is my other motorcycle. i feel shunned like the amish from a group i have come to admire & respect
over the past 6 months or so. hope things are different at the bash tomorrow. maybe i'm being oversensitive-maybe not.
rant.gif
Dont fret bro, I just saw the thread. Sorry to hear about the problem. I am glad they are going to fix it, but it is a pain in the rear when you have to wait for your bike, and your time is worth something. +1 on the pics!

Back