Tranny Question

BigSimp

Donating Member
Registered
I have noticed at high RPM shifts between 1st and 2nd that there is alot of noise, a rattling of the shift lever if you will, but iF I wait for the RPMs to come down before I shift there is not problem, I have never had any other problems, my bike is a 2006 maroon and black, I currently have about 9000 miles on her. I thought it might have been a clutch problem but I dont have any opther problems in the higher gears, it only 1st to and if I am slowing down and try to shift into 1st. Has any one else seen this.

A tranny can be very tricky...it gets complicated when they have a little of both.
laugh.gif

(Over_Easy @ Oct. 23 2006,12:43) A tranny can be very tricky...it gets complicated when they have a little of both.
laugh.gif
Actually you are thinking of hermaphrodite

a Tranny only WISHES they had both...
crazy.gif

(thrasherfox @ Oct. 23 2006,13:16)
(Over_Easy @ Oct. 23 2006,12:43) A tranny can be very tricky...it gets complicated when they have a little of both.
laugh.gif

crazy.gif
True, but I was thinking aftermarket top implants w/ OE bottoms.
laugh.gif

Sorry, BigSimp, wish I could help.  All I can say is I would never slow down by shifting into 1st gear.  Ever adjust your clutch?

Do you ALWAYS shift 1-2 in high RPMs? How high? Oh and shift like you mean it...could it be your rider timing?

Just answers others may want to know.

laugh.gif

(thrasherfox @ Oct. 23 2006,16:16)
laugh.gif

crazy.gif
It's scary you know that......
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(Greg B @ Oct. 23 2006,15:06)
(thrasherfox @ Oct. 23 2006,16:16)
laugh.gif

crazy.gif
It's scary you know that......
laugh.gif
I am not saying how I know either!!!
smileyexhibit.gif

laugh.gif

(Over_Easy @ Oct. 23 2006,13:22)
(thrasherfox @ Oct. 23 2006,13:16)
laugh.gif

crazy.gif
True, but I was thinking aftermarket top implants w/ OE bottoms.
laugh.gif

Sorry, BigSimp, wish I could help.  All I can say is I would never slow down by shifting into 1st gear.  Ever adjust your clutch?

Do you ALWAYS shift 1-2 in high RPMs?  How high?  Oh and shift like you mean it...could it be your rider timing?

Just answers others may want to know.
What clutch adj are you referring to?

laugh.gif

I am not an expert (although I did play one on TV) but having ridden a few scoots in my time, AND just having rebuilt the tranny in my buds Yam (replacement of gears) I can tell ya the tranny in my '06 scares me a little too - but I have gotten kinda used to it.

The advice given to me; just ride it and treat it like what it is. You are probably just hearing the nature of the beast my man.

Back