False Neutral

Aashish

Registered
I'm increasingly getting a lot of false neutrals while changing from 1st to 2nd gear only. I don't get them when I downshift or any other way. Also, I only get them when I'm at over 10,000 rpm; at low rpms its no problem shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. Any thoughts and/or advice as to why I'm facing this issue will be appreciated. I have an orange black 2008 Hayabusa if that hepls. Thanks.

The neutral light always comes on between 1-2,nothing to worry about.Welcome Does it on both my bikes 07-08

But when trying to go from 1st to 2nd gear I end up in neutral. Then I have to almost stop the bike, put it back in 1st and ride on as once in neutral beyond a certain speed if I try putting the bike back in gear is horrible for the gear box.

well first it isnt a false neutral...thats were nuetral is. It would be my guess if you are getting up in the 10k rpm range you are half shifting without really thinking on it.

Correct, wrong terminology...it is actual Neutral that I'm ending up in...but this is a recent thing I've been experiencing, never used to encounter this problem before...can it be something else?

possibly as you are pushing it the gears are getting a little sloppy? does it do it under normal riding?

Worn out dogs
Or bent or worn shift fork
My guess is a little bit of both
Easy fix for someone not scared to tear into motor
All suzukis are prone to that issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

first. how many miles on it. if its new i wouldnt worry about it. mine did it some for the first 1k miles or so every now and then. if its got a lotta miles on it then as cdhoroho said could be in the tranny.

first. how many miles on it. if its new i wouldnt worry about it. mine did it some for the first 1k miles or so every now and then. if its got a lotta miles on it then as cdhoroho said could be in the tranny.

8000+ kms (5000+ miles)
Posted via Mobile Device

Mine did this when it was new, it stopped after I did my first oil change. Now its just a click up to second.

It's not worn dogs. If that's the case you would make 2nd, then slip out under hard accel.

It's difficult to diagnose a problem like this without being there, but it sounds like one of two things. You're underestimating the amount of pressure necessary to shift into 2nd gear at 10K rpm, or you have a slightly worn, and/or bent, shift fork.

Back