Trailor

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
I have already done my time owning fully enclosed trailers (and yes I would prefer to own another), what I want to know is what "open" trailers guys are using and what do you think of them... particular interest is the "folding" trailers like this one (for the life of me do not remember who brought this thing to the Fall Bash.. (hope you know)

I just do not have room for storage anymore for an enclosed box...

DSCN3062.JPG

I have seen this trailer in a post here, can't remember the name though. I think they were a little pricy though. I was thinking around $2500 but I could be wrong.

I have a Snow Bear 4x8 utility trailer. Same can be found at Home Depot. Got it for $400 used. I dont have a truck or an SUV so the trailer extends the utility of my own sport ute... a Camaro. I wouldnt feel as comfortable hauling stuff from Home Depot with a dedicated moto trailer. Ive hauled a washer and dryer across three states once. No can do with the trailer posted. Of course if you have a truck or SUV, then disregard.

Currently, I have the MS-1 sport trailer. Works well and very easy for loading and unloading. Here's a link to the site: MS-1 Sport Trailer

Probably can't recognize this bike!

ks_busa.jpg

I wish it was mine. Borrowed from my buddy with the m109. It is a Kendon I believe. Pulls great,
very light, wheel chocks are not set up for sport bikes though. Had to use a 2x4 spacer between tire and front of chock to prevent damage to lower lip of fairings. This can be fixed though. Overall great trailer. price was 2300.00.

Yea I saw the 2X4's when we off loaded the bikes... just a spiffy looking trailer

I was going to buy a nice new trailer but then I found an old 3 rail dirt bike trailer, I replaced the center rail with 10" channel in rear and 6" in front (for Hayabusas), put new wheel bearings in, painted it black....and for $600 total I have a basically new transporter! For the 2-3 times a year I use it (track days, Laguna Seca, etc.)I figure that saves $1500 to $2000 for a new unit. Plus, I'm not bummin because it's sitting outdoors. Just another way to do it! Raydog

P1000142.JPG

All those are nice Trailers, I have a wave-runner trailer that I put a wooden floor and wheel chock on. Trailer was free, woood & wheel chock were $50.

That type of folding open trailer is great, But get the diamond plating in front to protect the bikes from bugs and rocks.
Jon(Loomis).

I was going to buy a nice new trailer but then I found an old 3 rail dirt bike trailer, I replaced the center rail with 10" channel in rear and 6" in front (for Hayabusas), put new wheel bearings in, painted it black....and for $600 total I have a basically new transporter! For the 2-3 times a year I use it (track days, Laguna Seca, etc.)I figure that saves $1500 to $2000 for a new unit. Plus, I'm not bummin because it's sitting outdoors.   Just another way to do it!     Raydog
Would have done the same thing if I already had or found something like that to start with. Like you wanted something easy to use and that could be put away and not take up driveway space at my house or wouldn't cost me money to store someplace. I'm not sure if the number of motorcycle thefts I have seen lately have changed my mind, but I may be looking to get an enclosed trailer in the near future. Tough decision since I probably won't get to use it very often, so justifying the cost is hard.

Yeah, the easy part for me with "outside all the time" is that I have an RV parking space behind a gate so no security issues (I just throw a tarp over it in the winter). Enclosed trailers are the best, like you said....but more $!

I also have an MS-1 trailer, the perfect trailer if you're towing it with a car or other class 1 hitch vehicle.

I don't know anything about the trailer (why would you trailer a perfectly good motorcycle
smile.gif
), but that sure is a cool parking spot
beerchug.gif

Rayabusa, I would trailer my bike when I'm going to spend a week at the races, out of state at my friend's house. Coolers, spectator chairs, tools, inflatable bed, yada yada. When I get there, the bike is ridden everywhere except to the track. Why park my shiny Busa in a dirt field 1 mile away from where we watch the races! Plus the truck carries all the stuff for maximum spectator comfort. It may sound like my bike is a trailer queen but I go on many 3-8 day tours, all over the place, it's just that the races should be viewed in comfort! Raydog

the spot!

P1000343.JPG

Back