Any suzuki dealers out there

SpeedAdict

Gabe
Donating Member
Registered
I am in the military here in florida and I moving to the north east in January. I do not trust the military to move the busa so I am towing it myself. My question is what do you guys do with the qwood crates the the bikes come in. The reason I ask is cause I want one to put the busa in to keep the salt off the bike while towing, for my trailer is not an enclosed trailer. Any chance I can get one off the dealers? Anyone know?

Ya know this would require you to disassemble a substantial portion of your bike! Why not just get a Geeza cover and wash it a couple of times during the move... At least with the cover you have something you can use again and again with your ride.

i have seen the kawasaki & yamaha shop next door to me at work burn theres all the time

I picked up the steel that is used as the top and bottom of the crates a few years back with a buddy to use as wood storage containers.
Get the frames with the support rods and make a custom one with plywood.
Our logic for getting the frames was that they can be picked up with tractor forks and moved very easily.

Try a plastic tarp, spread on the floor of the trailer, drive onto the tarp, and secure at the top of the bike.  Tie it up like you're tying a baggie of cookies, and voila, no road salt.  
beerchug.gif

I would get an enclosed trailer and forget everything else mentioned. I have seen to many messed up bikes with covers, tarps, etc....or any of the other stuff.

A cover on the bike buffs on the paint like sand paper with the wind so STAY AWAY from covers. The tarp under it with a bow could make the bike slide around on the trailer and fall over, not to mention the above with the wind and paint.

Either way an open trailer would be fine for the trip. If you don't want to do that, get a enclosed UHAUL which is very cheap for what you want to do.....
beerchug.gif

(Got-Busa? @ Oct. 22 2006,11:54) I would get an enclosed trailer and forget everything else mentioned.  I have seen to many messed up bikes with covers, tarps, etc....or any of the other stuff.

A cover on the bike buffs on the paint like sand paper with the wind so STAY AWAY from covers.  The tarp under it with a bow could make the bike slide around on the trailer and fall over, not to mention the above with the wind and paint.

Either way an open trailer would be fine for the trip.  If you don't want to do that, get a enclosed UHAUL which is very cheap for what you want to do.....  
beerchug.gif
what he said

Back