Trailer question for my California brothers

groran1000

Registered
Going to Arizona to buy trike and trailer. Looks like the trailer does not have a license plate and may not have a registration or title. Will I have a problem at cali DMV to register? thanks guys.

Going to Arizona to buy trike and trailer. Looks like the trailer does not have a license plate and may not have a registration or title. Will I have a problem at cali DMV to register? thanks guys.

As with any state eventually you’d get pulled over. At the DMV they’ll accept a bill of sale but the trailer should have some sort of VIN unless its a home built trailer. They’ll want to know the prior owner and if it’s been stolen and a VIN will tell the story. Couldn’t the seller get it registered?

He bought the trike and trailer from a dealer at same time. Everything is CSC, California side car, so he has a receipt form dealer at least. Just picking brains to see any possible problems. Hey Wuzza, maybe I could trailer my rig to your area and ride with you could show us around by appointment of course?

He bought the trike and trailer from a dealer at same time. Everything is CSC, California side car, so he has a receipt form dealer at least. Just picking brains to see any possible problems. Hey Wuzza, maybe I could trailer my rig to your area and ride with you could show us around by appointment of course?

Absolutely! Just give me some notice. Where is California city? I don’t know what CSC is supposed to mean. If it came from a dealer it should have a VIN and plates and a bill of sale.

Just an FYI, some states (Kentucky for example) don't require a title or plate for a trailer, even if it came from a dealer.

Back