California riders, I have question

groran1000

Registered
I have an older honda with title and bill of sale in Mississippi, but I didn't register it cause it's an 85 model and stored it. Anyway, it's a double sale or something else it may be called, where two people bought it, but never put it their name. Mississippi won't accept a double sale. I can get a bonded title for my state, but not every state accepts bonded title, does Cali accept them? By the way a bonded title is insurance from an insurance company stating that the bike is not stolen and all that jive, and if it is, the ins. co. has to cover the cost of the loss and pay the state and cost about $100. I called Cali dmv, but there is only voice selections and can't talk to anyone, can one of you Cali riders help me please? thanks Randy

California wants to inspect every out of state vehicle ~ even when you've registered it out of state & brought it back . . .

Cali accepts bonded titles cause Cali issues them. ull jus hav to fill out a certain form if its valued under $5000. if its under $5000 then its a different form. thats if u live there but u will already have the bonded title. if its good in ur state then it will be good in Cali. I'm sure they have reciprocity with MS.

Cali DMV just plain sucks! The people that work there live by the clock and could care less about you! The state cut their hours and I don't blame them for being bitter and slow! But I guarantee you if you ask 5 different DMV Employees about your issue you'll get 5 different answers. Sadly your endevour may take two or three trips! I don't envy you. But good luck with the constipated anal penetration known as the DMV! I wish I had more helpful info!

Back