I have questions,maybe you have answers. George Floyd & Karma

Not sure who did that rating.

My wife has family in Germany, we visit there, they visit here. I did a three month work assignment there couple of years ago. Don’t think I could live there, the US spoilt me way too much.

Netherlands, really. Perhaps true, because if you walk through a public park in Amsterdam they are all shooting up and high, happy I guess.
What was wrong with Germany?

Germany is very regimented, shops and loud noises not open/allowed on a Sunday

Yep I like it
Stores used to be closed here on Sundays and no hunting was allowed...I kind of miss that.

Life is so fast these days, stores open 24/7 and people whipping around all the time spinning their wheels getting nowhere. People are lobbying to have stores open during our national holidays...it's like people just can't go a day without being in a store...

Great with freedom
Stores used to be closed here on Sundays and no hunting was allowed...I kind of miss that.

Life is so fast these days, stores open 24/7 and people whipping around all the time spinning their wheels getting nowhere. People are lobbying to have stores open during our national holidays...it's like people just can't go a day without being in a store...

Same here, and it's sad.

What was wrong with Germany?
IMHO during the mid 90’s Germany was really really nice. Fast forward to today day it is very different.

Generally back then a department store was very high end, today Walmart looks better. The standard of living is much lower than here. Houses are smaller, cars are smaller and cheaper and in many cities 60% of the population do not own cars. The skill sets in manufacturing has gone backwards. Just a lower standard of living overall.

I trained with Mercedes in Stuttgart in the early 80’s the skill sets were amazing, mind boggling.

I had to close down a canning factory with about 750 employees in 2016, the working hours, the cost of operating and the skill sets available were such that we could not make a profit. It is a different Germany today.

IMHO during the mid 90’s Germany was really really nice. Fast forward to today day it is very different.

Generally back then a department store was very high end, today Walmart looks better. The standard of living is much lower than here. Houses are smaller, cars are smaller and cheaper and in many cities 60% of the population do not own cars. The skill sets in manufacturing has gone backwards. Just a lower standard of living overall.

I trained with Mercedes in Stuttgart in the early 80’s the skill sets were amazing, mind boggling.

I had to close down a canning factory with about 750 employees in 2016, the working hours, the cost of operating and the skill sets available were such that we could not make a profit. It is a different Germany today.
Wow, I didn't know that. I thought they were doing really well over there.

Back