track gearing

yeah i decided to go with the 16 setup and some lowering links

See I told Ya!!!!

face7.gif

face7.gif

face7.gif

face7.gif
I weigh 250 and that's without gear...You've got to start somewhere and you will eventually find a combination that you like...
evil.gif

face7.gif

face7.gif

face7.gif

WENT 1 DOWN IN FRONT 2 UP IN BACK 16/42 TRIED DIFFERENT COMB THIS WAS BEST ALSO LOWERING LINKS/ LOWER TRIPLE TREE /STRAP/ AIR BOX MOD/PCIIIR/D-D PIPE WEIGH 190 RUNNING 9.8 JUST NEED SOME TRACK TIME NOW

DIFFERENT COMB THIS WAS BEST ALSO LOWERING LINKS/ LOWER TRIPLE TREE /STRAP/ AIR BOX MOD/PCIIIR/D-D PIPE WEIGH 190 RUNNING 9.8 JUST NEED SOME TRACK TIME NOW
Hey do u feel that the d and d give you more power? I didnt i took them off and they looked exactly like the stock pipes. But stock pipes had wider midpipes.

Was it hard to control wheelies on teh 16/42 with the bike lowered

E-Racer is correct with the gearing(17/42 or 16/39). If you're running 16/42 you're going to have to really be on top of your game with sliding the clutch or moderating the throttle, unless you're a Big Boy". I know myself and E-Racer leave W.O.T.

Yeah i might just stick with teh 16 cause left WOT once and nearly shid myself after doing two monster wheelies back to back. had a reaction time of .488 thogh
blush.gif
this was with stock gearing and height, and im only 170

Whats up everybody! It's your boy Murphy the younger.
I'm running a red 04, she lowered and strecthed(4 inches). I started out 16/40, running a decent 9.68. I swicthed to 16/43 thinking more is better? WRONG- - - -WRONG! could'nt get out the hole, spun all to hell(w/shinko). After more research, I found that 16/42 is a big mans gear as in 250-300. So Im guessing at 190 I dont have enough ass on me to make the bike squat, hook and get on down the track.(F**cking weak!)
looking forward to this racing season, optomistic!
going back to 16/40 maybe even 16/39, and I'll bet money! I start running decent numbers again.

What all do you have done to the bike other than lowered and stretch. I didnt plan on stretching my arm. Wanted to get good with teh stock arm to catch fools sleeping, then thump em in the head

What all do you have done to the bike other than lowered and stretch.  I didnt plan on stretching my arm.  Wanted to get good with teh stock arm to catch fools sleeping, then thump em in the head
Get a 2" cheater arm...From a glance it looks just like stock...
evil.gif

16-42..Way too much gear for the 1/4 mile if You have a stock arm..

Just IMO..
hooken ran 16/42 and it was a wheelie monster with a stock arm... the guys I know run 16/39 with a stock arm and are running mid to low 9s. stock motor with exhaust

And how much do these arms cost?
rock.gif

So what is recommended for me: 240lbs, lowered front and back 1 1/2 in with a 6 inch arm. Stock HP for now with the exception of the exhaust and pc. I am thinking dropping just the front to a 16tooth and leaving the back stock? Any suggestions?

So what is recommended for me: 240lbs, lowered front and back 1 1/2 in with a 6 inch arm. Stock HP for now with the exception of the exhaust and pc. I am thinking dropping just the front to a 16tooth and leaving the back stock? Any suggestions?
If you run the bike at the track I would go with 16-42 because of your weight and because you have a 6 over arm. You could always try just the 16 and see how you like it but I think your going to need the 16-42.

yeah I went with a 16 and 42. I just bought the 6inch over Trac arm yesterday it should be about 4 weeks before I get it. The guy at Tracdynamics also recommended the 16-42 set up so I bought them and the 130 link ZVM Chain, brake line, etc etc. The bike is going to be totally different come spring time. Can't wait.....

Attachments

• swingarm.werx
    155.3 KB · Views: 112
I weigh in at 200 even with leathers, bike is stretched 6 over and i have a 16/42 set up. I ran 9.22 in the 1/4. I went up on the rear also but it slowed my mph down which affected my et in the end, so i went back to stock on the rear

Back