track gearing

I have an 03, mods are as follows...
extended swing arm six over, pair valve mod, air box mod, ram air seals, full muzzy system, pcIIIr, custom map, strapped and lowered, auto air shift.... 8.94 on n2o in the 1/4.

extended swing arm six over, pair valve mod, air box mod, ram air seals, full muzzy system, pcIIIr, custom map, strapped and lowered, auto air shift.... 8.94 on n2o in the 1/4.
What do ram air seals do?

What do ram air seals do?
Supposed to keep the air from seeping from the tubes...Most folks use a really inexspensive mod for this..."Duct Tape"...Whatever works...
evil.gif

Ok now the big question does it make a difference?

i would but i alwasy fall for the placebo effect. Just because its supposed to help i think it helps like when you put a D and D exhaust on. Its loud as hell and you fell like your making lumps of power when your actually losing it
biggrin.gif

i would but i alwasy fall for the placebo effect. Just because its supposed to help i think it helps like when you put a D and D exhaust on.  Its loud as hell and you fell like your making lumps of power when your actually losing it
biggrin.gif
I know what you mean...As far as swingarms there are several different choices Trac Dynamic, Psycho Bike and Thompson Custom Cycles...There all pretty good but trac is the high dollar...I would guess that a 6" over arm would start at $600 and work it's way up to $1000 depending on what extra's you would want...
evil.gif

I was talkin bout that 2 inch cheater from glance. Couldnt find any info on it and dont want to spend 4-500 bucks to lose my cornering

I was talkin bout that 2 inch cheater from glance.  Couldnt find any info on it and dont want to spend 4-500 bucks to lose my cornering
Checkout PsychoBike.com that's Frank Adams site he visits here sometimes...He should be able to get you what you want at a reasonable cost...You could always go with bolt ons just make sure their double bolted...
evil.gif

ive seen those dont really want them to bend while im doing a launch. Could get ugly.

ive seen those dont really want them to bend while im doing a launch. Could get ugly.
No problems to speak of with the extensions. I've got a set off ebay for $175. They are great! They have the GSXR logo on one side and the Suzuki "S" on the other. I've got mine stretched 4" and it runs like a champ. I too have the 16/42 setup. Well, at least I will once I find a 42t sprocket that is already chromed. I'm fairly new to the track scene, but most of my racing buddies run the extensions on theirs. One of my buddy's running a 9.22 in the quarter on his '03 Gixxer 1000. Actually thinking of having mine welded into place once I decide that I REALLY like them. And YES!! I do know quite a few experienced welders who can weld aluminum. Once I go with the turbo, I think I'll then go to a custom swingarm. Until then, it's the extensions. Also, the prices have really come down. About a year ago, they ran for about twice what I paid for them new.
cool.gif

Hey when u had to change your chain right.

Back