Touring wind screen for gen 1?

Kjelle Sweden

Registered
I'm still very much in love with my new bike, but... there is this thing about the wind. I'm 182 cm and fairly thick set over the shoulders, and when going over some 140km/h I catch all the wind on my upper chest. I had the same problem when I had a Kawa ZX9R, but not so much with the Blackbird. I do not travel in extreme speed, but I would like to be able to ride comfortably aroung 150-160 km/h for longer periods.

I am too old and stiff to lay totally prone over the tank, so I am looking for a higher windshield that still fits the look of the bike. I searched for the Zero Gravity, but they seem not to have the higher modells for gen 1. Can you help me with another brand/model that fits? Thanks in advance

Here';s an old thread that you may be able to get some good info and ideas from . . .

Also, talk to @c10 about his screen, he tours his Gen 2 and knows a fair bit about screens and tour accessories.

Oh, Ok, I've just seen that you have a Gen 1 Busa, maybe more dificult to get a touring screen for the Gen 1 . .
someone else may have more info and may chime in soon.

Here ya go . . looks like the sort of screen you need!
Zero Gravity Touring Windscreen Smoke Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 99-07 23-133-02 | eBay
1589275738222.png

there's this one too . .
TOURING SCREEN WINDSHIELD SCHEIBE SUZUKI GSX 1300R HAYABUSA 99-07 40 CM 4 COLORS | eBay
1589276034157.png

and this one .. . . .
1589276274253.png

Last edited:
Thanks. Stupidly enough, I never checked ebay. The Zero Gravity screen costs almost as much in shipping as in item price though.

Have any of you tried the smaller double bubbles? Do they actually make a difference, or do you just get the wind around your helmet instead?

Thanks. Stupidly enough, I never checked ebay. The Zero Gravity screen costs almost as much in shipping as in item price though.

Have any of you tried the smaller double bubbles? Do they actually make a difference, or do you just get the wind around your helmet instead?
I'm 181cm with broad shoulders and upper body like yourself.
I use a double bubble screen, very cheap, got it online from Ali Express China, NZ$22 including shipping.
It did make a difference compared to the stock screen on my Gen 1.
I reckon one those touring type screens would be better though.
If you got one out of the UK the shipping would not be too much?
I mean Sweden is just across the ditch from the UK.

I've got a gen 2, so might be slightly different. I'm 6'1" long torso, top heavy. I run the ZG db screen and really like it. Zero buffering compared to the stock screen

I'm 181cm with broad shoulders and upper body like yourself.
I use a double bubble screen, very cheap, got it online from Ali Express China, NZ$22 including shipping.
It did make a difference compared to the stock screen on my Gen 1.
I reckon one those touring type screens would be better though.
If you got one out of the UK the shipping would not be too much?
I mean Sweden is just across the ditch from the UK.
I had a Puig DB shield on mine and it put the wind right at my head...if I went faster, it would cause my helmet to wobble harshly. I put the stock shield on and so far no helmet wobble at speed.

I was wondering for a time if it was my helmet or windshield causing the wobble.

I have had the ZG touring shield before and it does a good job on the wind, just not so sexy. I then went to a Double bubble and honestly the loss of coverage was negligible as compared to the ZG. I have an MRA Vario shield still waiting for install here, maybe I will get around to installing it soon since I have nothing better to do right now...

I think everyone is different when it comes to shields and wind protection I am also 6 foot 1 and found the stock shield on my previous 08 busa to be spot on the wind was hitting my chest area and not my helmet area On my ZX14 I thought I try a DB shield because I felt like I was getting buffeting on my helmet area Unfortunately the DB did not work out as it had a death wobble rattle anything over 180 200 kph so I took it off and put the stock shield back on and its staying on :thumbsup:

Back