Touring tires

slime

Registered
I know this subject gets beaten to death, but I am looking for something that lasts as long as my BT56's and handles as good or better. What kinda mileage are people getting from the Pilots or the M1s? Are people still running the P spec tires or just the same size? Just got off the phone with Metzler about the z6. It seems to me a z6 for an '06 BMW 1200s would work. Same size tires, near the same power and weight, but they say no!? I don't spend my time on the dragon. I prefer the Foothills Parkway or the Skyway so I don't need super sticky. I'm more of the super touring type!
Here to there  really fast! I have been very happy with the BT56's, but the M1's are cheaper.
Thanks for the help. I love this bike!

hey man, I live right of john sevier hwy. near straw plains. I'm running the shinko ravens 009's on my rear and it seems to grip fine. I wanted to try the continental road attack's but I had to try shinko first. Where ya live?

here's the shinko raven 009 rear on my busa

hayabusa_painting_014.jpg

hey man, I live right of john sevier hwy. near straw plains.  I'm running the shinko ravens 009's on my rear and it seems to grip fine.  I wanted to try the continental road attack's but I had to try shinko first.    Where ya live?
i just moved from "the mouses ear " side of john sevier to a house up martins mill- pm me some time we'll go ridin' and grab a dragon burger
smile.gif

hey man, I live right of john sevier hwy. near straw plains. I'm running the shinko ravens 009's on my rear and it seems to grip fine. I wanted to try the continental road attack's but I had to try shinko first. Where ya live?
i just moved from "the mouses ear " side of john sevier to a house up martins mill- pm me some time we'll go ridin' and grab a dragon burger
smile.gif
Isn't the Mouses ear a strip joint outside of Knoxville a short ways? Don't ask me how I know.

yes...there is THAT too.. I think that's Kingsport...I am working in the Johnson City area now.

On Roan.....or whatever it is up that way...right?

How is that place?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142477313 -->

Well i had Z4 Mentzlers and did a track day with my busa on them and it seemed to hold up very well i'm currently running the Z6's and seem to like them but i have not gotten to put that many miles on them yet i put them on twords the fall and have not ridden on them since

Yes, It IS a strip join! Right where John Sevier starts, or ends? I live in Riverside manor behind green acres flea market!
Thanks.

now I am confused ....cause there is an area near the GAP named Sevier....and such.

these mountains have this FL boy all turned around
wink.gif

reguardless....321 is an insane road in some areas!

Well i had Z4 Mentzlers and did a track day with my busa on them and it seemed to hold up very well i'm currently running the Z6's and seem to like them but i have not gotten to put that many miles on them yet i put them on twords the fall and have not ridden on them since
Man, let me know how those z6's hold up. The guy at Metzler just kept reinerating that I needed P spec tires and the M1 was the ONLY ONE! Seems like a lot of legal bs to me!

slime, me and my girlfriend almost rented an apartment at the same ones you live at. Maybe we can get together sometime along with lot boy.

The guy at Metzler just kept reinerating that I needed P spec tires and the M1 was the ONLY ONE! Seems like a lot of legal bs to me!
it just has the extra re-enforcement for the weight/speed scenario.

either way... the P-spec are the SAME price as all the others.

if told otherwise...laugh at them and let them know that their greed just cost them a sale.

I don't like "touring" tires anymore. Their sloppy deep tread and weaker sidewalls and carcuss don't give me the feedback when I want it on a performance bike. Yeah, they are LASTING great, but they're out having a Coke when I really need them to be WITH me on a hard ride. Diablo Strada: my first and last set of touring tires on my busa. I require more performance than lasting comfort when riding. My two cents. Was that off topic? No, I don't think so. Sure I didn't really say anything, but that is par for the course inside MY little world
wow.gif

I don't like "touring" tires anymore. Their sloppy deep tread and weaker sidewalls and carcuss don't give me the feedback when I want it on a performance bike. Yeah, they are LASTING great, but they're out having a Coke when I really need them to be WITH me on a hard ride. Diablo Strada: my first and last set of touring tires on my busa. I require more performance than lasting comfort when riding. My two cents. Was that off topic? No, I don't think so. Sure I didn't really say anything, but that is par for the course inside MY little world
wow.gif
Any input on the Pilot compared to the Strada for rain conditions?

From personal experience I woud say a  great choice in a touring tire would be the Continetal force max !  I've put some serious hard rolln miles over the road  (6000) with these babies and can probably get another 2000 mi.

You're going to get many opinions on this subject, so be sure to select the best   tire for you application

Note:  Regardless of  what type of tire I choose to put on my machine I always scuff my new tires with a wood strip wheel attached to a drill for instant handling.

My.02

Holla
Ty

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142511295 -->

Man, let me know how those z6's hold up. The guy at Metzler just kept reinerating that I needed P spec tires and the M1 was the ONLY ONE! Seems like a lot of legal bs to me!
I'll keep ya informed i will be interested to know also since i'm adding alot more power to the bike now also.

Also on a side note i was Running the Z4's at the drag strip also and got along good granted i was not running in the 9's yet but i had no wheel spin either

I just ordered the continental road attacks . Heard they last 6 to 8,ooo miles .

Avon.... then Pilot's! Well over 6k on the Avons and pushing 5k on the Pilot's. Either are good wearing and give plenty of feedback for the average rider! Never had a set of the Metz or Strada's but have heard good things about them as well.

Back