Tires

JackLKing

Registered
Tire question for the seasoned busa riders. I'm looking for a new tire to use....Has anyone tried the new Metzler M3 yet? Any suggestions for a good allaround tire. Not sure if I like the bt56 that are on the bike.

M3's were just reviewed by WWJD.

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153572713 -->

I just ordered up a set of M3 for my Gixxer, this will be my first brand
change in 20,000 miles. Ive been using nothing but Bridgestones.

Ive had 4-5? sets of BT014s and 2 sets of BT015s with great results.

Frankly though those tires worked well for me so the only real expectation
I have is for them to be as good.

Any of these supersport tires are gonna wear fast, the benefit of them is if you ride hard they stick instead of spinning up.

If you dont ride your Busa hard or just do alot of straight roads or commuting then id suggest going to a sport touring tire like the Pilot Roads
or something.

But if your complaining of the BT56s , which do slip if you push em then you probably need to stick with a fast wearing supersport.

M1 , M3, Qualifier, BT014, Pilot Power, Diablo , Diablo Corsa etc.

Honestly you cant expect to own a bike with 100ft/lbs of torque and a ton of horsepower and not go through tires. M3 is the first S/S tire I have seen that at least tries to make an attempt at getting decent mileage and super stick simultaneously. I like em a lot!

<!--EDIT|bigoltool
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153579596 -->

i like the 56's i get abiut 4.5K a rear they work great. granit i only use the busa. and i have to go order a new one.

Michelin's recommended tire for the Hayabusa is the Pilot Sport HPX.

wow.gif

I think the qualifiers are are the best new kid on the block? I'm with BV, I've had great results from the BT014's. I've been through at least a half dozen sets and have nothing but good things to say about them.

I tried a set of Pilot Powers and I disliked them so much that after two weeks I took them off, gave them away and went back to a set of BT014's. They were just way to squirmy for me and trying to ride wheelies on them was a death wish. Really light casing that was so flexible it was like trying to ride on a balloon. Lots of guys like them but boy howdy, there are much better tires out there IMO.

I've been on Dunlop Sportmax GP tires lately and have no complaints.

Michelin's recommended tire for the Hayabusa is the Pilot Sport HPX.
ew! Just say no. Those HPX tires are so yesterday... besides, many others here and myself run "Non Hayabusa Certified" tires all the time with zero trouble. From what I've read the "P" spec Hayabusa tires companies offer is just heavier, a littel more tread and more cost. And they don't seem to update them as fast as their regular line. Just get anything decent. Anything decent works fine on Hayabusa

I just had a set of Avons put on mine (1000 miles ago) and they look brand new. They are sticky too. I don't carve corners like some ppl but the stips are down to this wide ---- and I have had no probs with the bike slipping at all.

Don

Back