Touch up paint for Red 05' ?

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
When taking off my LS fairing for my first oil change yesterday I noticed a few microscopic spots where the paint came off, just around the edges. Anyways, where can I get a paint pen of this exact color of red? ..its got sparkles it it too so Id imagine that its going to be expensive.

Also something must have come up and scraped the bottom of the fairing near the drain plug..it put a good scrape in it that went thru the paint and dug into the plastic.

(I wish the fairing were metal! ;) j/k ...well at least the bottom most part. )

I bought some touch-up paint from Color-Rite and, frankly, it sucks. A very poor match.

Believe it or not some Nappa stores have hand held paint coder guns the sales clerk can take out to you vehicle to get the color code, then take it back into the store and mix it up right on the spot  just like Lowes and Home Depot does for house paints. This is how I got my paint to match up on my inners I painted last year .

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112455892 -->

DSC01567.JPG

BentValve for an oil change you only need to remove the Right Side Fairing ( When sitting on the bike of course).

Thanks, well I wanted to practice taking it off anyways..I am a DIY kind of guy and I feel better knowing how things go together.

Ninja ,thats good to know so the filter does fit thru the side vent hole then? Does oil spill all over?

Back