color rite touch-up paint for busa

busa clubslinger

Registered
Hey fellow speed freaks, anyone ever use color rite touch-up paint on their bike? Mine rolled off its kickstand :banghead::banghead::banghead: and I need to touch up some minor scratches. I had frame sliders so almost everything was saved except about 10" of the top edge of the front cowling and an inch long scratch on the rear plastic. I ordered some and it isn't going on very easlily!! Any recommendations?
Thanks!!

I used the Colorrite rattle cans to paint the stripe in the frame: (bad iPhone pics)

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/140739-violet-got-facelift.html

frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

wow! Looks good! good match too!! My problem is, I don't think the little touch up bottle with the brush is going to look so good. My just get the spray can and mask everything off!

Thanks all - I've been meaning to take some decent pics with my camera and keep forgetting...I'll have to do that.

As for the brush - you mean the touch-up pens? I have those, too. They work fine for small areas (rock dings, etc.). At one of the bashes, I had to lay her down when I stopped wrong and my blown-out knee couldn't support the bike. Anyway, the left side of the tail had about a 6" spot that I touched up with the pen. It looked 'OK' - that is...better than the black plastic showing through, but I didn't like the way that area turned out...

I ended up sanding it down and shooting it with the rattle can - turned out much better.

The 08 orange is a two part paint. It's very difficult to get a decent touch up with the pens.

Go buy yourself some sand paper(to wet sand), about 2000 grit. Also get some rubbing compound and wax. Make sure you order the clear coat also. I dropped my bike in the garage once and I used ths kit and now I can't even tell where I touched it up.

Thanks all - I've been meaning to take some decent pics with my camera and keep forgetting...I'll have to do that.

As for the brush - you mean the touch-up pens? I have those, too. They work fine for small areas (rock dings, etc.). At one of the bashes, I had to lay her down when I stopped wrong and my blown-out knee couldn't support the bike. Anyway, the left side of the tail had about a 6" spot that I touched up with the pen. It looked 'OK' - that is...better than the black plastic showing through, but I didn't like the way that area turned out...

I ended up sanding it down and shooting it with the rattle can - turned out much better.

well u can buy the touch up pens, the little touch up bottle and brush, or the rattle cans. the little touch up bottle and brush looks just OK so I'm gonna order the rattle can and do what you did. Did u respray a big area, or just the scratched portion? and did u use the primer?

Hey fellow speed freaks, anyone ever use color rite touch-up paint on their bike? Mine rolled off its kickstand :banghead::banghead::banghead: and I need to touch up some minor scratches. I had frame sliders so almost everything was saved except about 10" of the top edge of the front cowling and an inch long scratch on the rear plastic. I ordered some and it isn't going on very easlily!! Any recommendations?
Thanks!!

The touch up bottle sucks. I tried this and it was awful on the Busa as well as my Harley. The Harley color match was wrong as well. I bought the aerosol for the Harley and it's correct. If you use their stuff, go with the spray

Let me how that turns out! Have a spot on my 08 in the orange area.
well u can buy the touch up pens, the little touch up bottle and brush, or the rattle cans. the little touch up bottle and brush looks just OK so I'm gonna order the rattle can and do what you did. Did u respray a big area, or just the scratched portion? and did u use the primer?

Back