Totally surprised by my first busa!

Puggle

Registered
This morning I was honoured! to take delivery of my very own K9 busa. Here in Australia we are lucky enough that our government is paying 50% of new asset purchases for small businesses in order to stimulate our economy. How could you pass up a HALF PRICE BUSA?!! :drool:

I also got sick of riding my GS500F to the edge of reason in order to get anywhere at a decent pace.

First pics, then why I'm surprised by the beast....
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

MODS: Ventura rack, Helibars, Zuki Double Bubble.

Going from 50hp to 190hp, I assumed I'd be wheelying and sliding and throwing myself off, and just generally scared by this large bike. Truth be told, the word that keeps coming to mind whenever I ride it (it's been almost 24hrs now) is.................pussycat!!!

I've never experienced such broad, smooth torque, such inspiring handling, and such confident cornering. :cheerleader: Soooooooo glad I didn't go for a GSXR750 or 1000.

I am totally surprised by this bike. It's not the vicious flame breathing dragon trying to kill me that I've been told it is. It's a pussycat with the heart of a lion!

Last edited:
:welcome: Congrats on the new Busa!

It can be a subtle or violent as you want it to be. If you whack the throttle wide open you will get dumped off the back. Take your time to really learn it and it will take good care of you.

:beerchug:

The Busa has it all. Smooth and docile or violent beast, it,s all up to you. Congrats :beerchug: Sharp Busa :thumbsup: Ride safe. Welcome to the org.

nice bike :) and when did Ventura start making a sea chest sized bag... holy smokes man... I gotta have for next summers 3 week road trip...

I also got sick of riding my GS500F

:welcome:

I used to ride the hell out of an ol GS550LD, 83 model...bought almost new with 700 miles on it back in the day...owner said it scared him to death~!~

Amazing where the technology has taken us since then~!~

The LD model had the inline 4 sportbike motor in it (GS550E) and I believe one of the first in that class to utilize the single rear shock

Cool for it's time~!~ :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome guys. What a bloody awesome community we got out there! Like many other new owners, it gave me much confidence to choose the busa over other bikes because the org is so good!

Bogus - that's not even expanded bro. It gets way bigger. I actually tried to get the dealer to mount a bigarse givi clamshell case bigger than this bag, but they wouldn't allow it. :wtf:

Thanks for the welcome guys. What a bloody awesome community we got out there! Like many other new owners, it gave me much confidence to choose the busa over other bikes because the org is so good!

Bogus - that's not even expanded bro. It gets way bigger. I actually tried to get the dealer to mount a bigarse givi clamshell case bigger than this bag, but they wouldn't allow it. :wtf:

Expand it and it'll be a parachute~!~ :laugh:

Very nice ride~!!~

:welcome: Puggle this is the place for all you questions to be answered about this wonderful machine. I see you are a "cockroach" I'm up in Brisvegas might pass on the highway some day:thumbsup:

:welcome:. I see you came to the same conclusion that I came to when I first rode the busa. My first thought was this is going to kill me if I slam the gas. After riding for a while my next thought was man this bike is the shizznit.

:welcome:. The more you ride it, the more you'll love it. My '07 that I bought in September of '07 has now over 58,000 miles on it and loving every minute of it.

:welcome: Glad to have you on the org. I'm with sleeper red, I love my busa more every day, and it's an 05 with almost 60K miles!:thumbsup:

That's the thing about a Busa Puggle.... The power is only there when you need it, otherwise she's a rolling piece of ART!

Only improvement I could ask from my next one is better braking power.

BE SAFE OUT THERE!
:thumbsup:
:welcome:

Back