Top speed capped @ 186MPH

I thought guiness reported the 00 busda as the fastest at 198 MPH From the F4 website 195.6 is top speed to redline in 6th gear if it will even pull all of that it advertises 200HP but doesnt specify at the rear wheel or at the crank.

The MV Augusta F4 CC is the fastest stock production bike in stock trim. However at a price tag of $120,000 and only 100 models are being made, you could argue that it isn't a true production motorcycle... But it is sexy
coolold.gif
I'll have to disagree with the MV info here....

They CLAIM it to be the fastest at 194mph. However, there were several magazines that tested it for top-speed and they couldn't even break 190mph with it. I think official speed was around 184 or so. They said it just didn't have enough power for the aerodynamics....
sad.gif

Even the F4 1000 MT Tamburini that Road & Track used for the Top Speed shoot out didn't break 175mph...

Last edited by a moderator:
Every bike built now has a limiter of 186mph . You can get rid of it by adding a timing Retatrd  eliminator ( TRE ). There are two types of TRE's they are just plug and play to the wiring harness . they change the tell the GPS that the bike is in 4th gear all the time ( this doen't hurt the motor as all it does is run a little rich , which also smooths out 1st and 2nd )so that it doesn't limit the rpms. there is a smart TRE that shows correct gears to the GPS and when you go to 6th it shows 5th again to the GPS . This does not hurt the motor as the 5th and 6th mapping are the same .

Now that you know, PLEASE, don't ask what a TRE is EVER again !!!
Really?
rock.gif
I thought the regular TRE setup was:
5-5-5-5-5-5-5

... while the Smart TRE is:
5-N-5-5-5-5-5

I believe JohnnyCheese has a GPS mod which will setup your bike in "1-N-2-3-4-5-5" manner but I don't think any TRE does.
You are right I ment 5th gear not 4th. I thought the smart TRE would do the gears 1N23455. I know that if you do the GPS mod You don't need a TRE and You can also get the ECU redone to get a couple more rpms.

only the four jap brands agreed to the 186 cap . honda kawasaki yamaha and suzuki, it was a gentlmens agreement between the big four ,i dont believe there is a govt rule
it does not apply to harley ducati mv

IMAGE_01127.jpg

ZX-12R with g-pack (I had another log with 305, but lost it)
Kawasaki.jpg

Hayabusa 08 without the g-Pack
Hayabusa1.jpg

Just installed the G-Pack and went for a try...
The conditions were far from ideal since the side wind was strong my clothes weren't adequate (jeans and summer jacket... ) and I had the pillion saddle installed.

Nevertheless it immediately gained 10 Kph

Hayabusa2.jpg

this g-pack from Niko Racing shows 4-N-4-4-4-4-4

i hit 314.3km with a summer jacket,jeans and no hump installed on the beast
temperature was 33 celcius a little windy!!

@ichiban U have to keep trying,seems like black is faster than white busas...lol
K8 without TRE goes max 296km
K8 with a smart TRE goes (so far) 314.3km

ALL STOCK NO MODS!!!

If someone has hit more please upload a photo with your GPS readings

I have a Globalsat BT-338 antenna, my HTC S200 and the GPS tuner software.

and John....at least I had the right clothes(!) and the temperature was about the same (34ºC)..
maybe not enough space....next time

the 1999 and 2000 Busa were not restricted on top end... They came with the 220mph speedometer. In 2001 that changed and the TRE came into play

laugh.gif
AHhhhBack in the days of the wild wild west, ahhh when governers weren't even a thought those days will be missed.  damn politics.....
fight.gif

UNCAPPED

Stock Engine with NO speed  restrictions , with AH exhaust & Brock map 155lbs rider  

NO ENGINE WORK!

SAFETY FIRST! I did it on a old airplane runway that is shutdown and by the way I OWN IT.

07_20_08_017.jpg

Nightcrawler,
You are correct. A smart TRE recognizes neutral. A dumb one does not. The GPS mod is the only way that I know to tell the bike 1-N-2-3-4-5-5. I have the GIPro and it works like a smart tre.

Don
I agree. You have to pull the clutch and actually change the resistor for the 6th gear position to the same resistor as the 5th gear position.

Unless they did something different like the 14, and put secondary butterflies in. That would be a real pain in the azz.

Back