Took the bike in for new tires

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Well for those that read about the bad gas and starting issues after the meet & greet, turns out it wasnt bad gas/fouled plugs ....

rant.gif

I took the bike in to have some new pilot powers put on so that I could ride the bike everyday as a commuter vehicle. I also have to drive to Richmond this weekend, so I was kinda looking forward to the $15-16 tank of gas on the bike instead of the $90 tank of gas in the truck. Well the dealer noticed the starting problem and said, that sounds like the starter gear or starter clutch or something..... I think, well I have the warranty, so great whatever just fix it. (I told them I wanted the bike back for this trip before they diagnosed the issue with the starter) So I get a call to pick it up, its ready, so I'm like sweet!
smile.gif

I get there, they tell me well here's the bike, thats $120 for the tire change. I say, ok and the starter, he goes well, here's the thing for that .... its gonna be covered underwarranty....to which I said, ok, so when will the parts be in, obviously you didnt fix it today is what you are tellin me. He says, well you have to leave the bike here while we order the parts and its recommended that you do not ride the bike with this problem, if you do add miles your warranty will be void now that we have told you this and you will have to pay the apporx $950 in parts and 3-4 hrs of shop time.
cussing.gif

So I said, well did you order the parts.... guy says, no you said you wanted to pick up the bike .... I'm like, well either way you should order the parts, you know it needs to be done. He says, you wanted to pick it up, we dont order parts if we dont have the bike on hand, so no we didnt order the parts .... I'm like
rock.gif
I have a very $$$ truck, they'll order an engine if I call and tell them its fugged up, why cant you order these parts if I sign something saying I agree to get the work done here.... he says, well you can buy the $950 in parts .... I was like, WTF, um hell no, thats why I have the warranty you idiot! So after dancing with them on this and ultimately realizing that they knew I was told, no more miles or warranty is void, and I had already said just fix it, they have delayed ordering parts on friday, which would have put the parts in the shop mid next week, to the earliest they will be able to order is tuesday, putting the parts in at the end of the week at best. Soooo I'm fugged, no bike for at least 10 days when gas prices are the worst ever .... I should call and make them lend me a used bike for the weekend or pay me for my gas since they are so incompetent and are screwing me out of 4days .... but I know neither of those things are gonna happen
mad.gif

I would be finding me a new dealer!
And contacting Suzuki of North America district manager. They love to hear these kind of stories. Believe it or not you will get ACTION. And PERKS!

Customer Service at 714-572-1490
American Suzuki MC/ATV Customer Service
P.O. BOX 1100
Brea, CA 92822

Good Luck and sorry ta hear your having problems!

<!--EDIT|StageRulz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125760975 -->

That's some bullsh!t. Th eparts ordering thing kinda makes sense, but once you agree to the warranty work it shouldn't be an issue.

Chances are the Tard you were talking to was told that if anything happens to the starter and you have a damaging failure as the result of the pre-diagnosed warranty item then your out in the cold...

Otherwise, they are just 455-h4ts

Private meccies need to start approaching suzuki for becoming "authorized service engineers" or whatever. I would rather take my bike to a meccie who knew his wrench from his cock
mad.gif

Last thing you want is someone to have a wank with your bike at your expense. Ive seen too many episodes of newbies learning the trade with customer bikes...baloney!

The warranty is the ONLY issue stopping people from getting their bikes fixed at well respected bike mecs.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Zuk - I will be flying into Raleigh on Monday in the evening. Work starts Tuesday so no chance of getting together until sometime mid-week or towards the weekend.

But you wont have your bike until the weekend anyway...so I can wait to see you until when you have what I REALLY want to see = the BUSA
smile.gif
LOL j/k

thats a load of crap. hell i had a hair line crack on one of the welds for waranty. i kept ridding the bike till i got a call from my dealer saying that the new frame came in. i did not leave my bike there for 3 weeks. i smell bs

That sucks. I feel your pain too, as I am waiting on parts that I was told would be delivered first part of last week. Shipping errors is what I was told. I've got errors for somebody!
guns.gif

sorry to hear about this. Which dealer is it? Just so I'll know who to avoid.

rock.gif

Fred
Kawaskai/Suzuki of Durham. Next time and all other stuff I'm going to Sanford .... little longer drive but they are fantastic to work with... woulda taken it to them for the warranty work this time too, wasnt expecting to get that serviced and honestly thought it was fouled plugs from the crap gas I got in SD. Durham could put the tires on which is why I went there.... fit what I thought was my time table
sad.gif

All I can say is they better not have it more than this week of I'm gonna go freaking off....

They were going to get the nod from me and be suggested for the company vendor meet but after this shid, I'm gonna see if Sanford will come up for it
cool.gif

My bike had a bad valve cover gasket this summer. I took it in the first week of July and by the time they finally got the parts and everything fixed RIGHT (I had to take it back 2 times) it was last friday before I got it back. Thats basically 2 months of the riding season I missed so I feel ya on that one bro.

uhhh, yeah, dude I woulda shot someone over that crazy stuff .... I'm giving them til the end of the week, if they dont have it back to me by monday/tuesday of next week, well the service manager and I are gonna have a heart to heart with the owner cuz its fuggin fantastic weather now AND gas is still 3.2x/gal here ... my big anus truck doesnt get near the MPG of the busa
smile.gif

And contacting Suzuki of North America district manager. They love to hear these kind of stories. Believe it or not you will get ACTION. And PERKS!

P.O. BOX 1100
Brea, CA 92822

Don't bet on it. I bought my bike new, the last week of June. The last week of July I notice that it's leaking battery acid all over the swing arm and belly pan. I tried to have it taken care of at the closest dealer (the dealer I bought from is about 150 mi. from my home), no luck- flat out refused to even examine the bike. I called Suzuki Customer Service. To make a long F'd up story a little shorter, after taking the bike to another dealer to have it checked over for warranty purposes, I wound up having to trailer the bike back to the dealership where I purchased it. I finally got the bike back LAST WEEK. Over a MONTH after I reached out to Suzuki for help. I guess if you consider getting bent over and raped in the azz "action" then, yep, I got some! As far as "perks", if you believe that their leaving out one of my fairing bolts makes my bike lighter and faster, then, hell yeah, I got some perks too! For the record people, the correct charge procedure on the Yuasa YT12A-BS battery is as follows- Standard Rate = 1.2 amps for 5-10 hours, Quick Rate = 5 amps for 1 hour. It's printed right on the battery. If, on the other hand, you think that you would like to have to replace your battery, swingarm, chain, belly pan and foot peg mount, then by all means use the method that my dealer did- which is 14 AMPS FOR HALF AN HOUR. It's guaranteed to shorten the service life of your battery, possibly burst the seams and cause leaking, hell it just might even blow up. It cost the dealer over 2 grand to make my bike right and it cost me over a month of downtime, a bunch of phone calls and a little over $200 dollars in gas and trailer rentals. All of this aggravation because someone tried to rush a battery into service.
soapbox.gif
rant.gif
zukracer- Good luck with your problems, I hope you have better results than I did. As for me, my experience with Suzuki Customer Service has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a bleeding azzhole
crazy.gif
I swear if my Hayabusa didn't pull like a runaway freight train I'd trade it off on another make. Lord have mercy on my poor addicted soul.
race.gif

My bike had a bad valve cover gasket this summer. I took it in the first week of July and by the time they finally got the parts and everything fixed RIGHT (I had to take it back 2 times) it was last friday before I got it back. Thats basically 2 months of the riding season I missed so I feel ya on that one bro.
Holy Christ! I thought I had gotten hosed. I feel your pain busa_boy_69, I feel your pain!

P.O. BOX 1100
Brea, CA 92822

Don't bet on it. I bought my bike new, the last week of June. The last week of July I notice that it's leaking battery acid all over the swing arm and belly pan. I tried to have it taken care of at the closest dealer (the dealer I bought from is about 150 mi. from my home), no luck- flat out refused to even examine the bike. I called Suzuki Customer Service. To make a long F'd up story a little shorter, after taking the bike to another dealer to have it checked over for warranty purposes, I wound up having to trailer the bike back to the dealership where I purchased it. I finally got the bike back LAST WEEK. Over a MONTH after I reached out to Suzuki for help. I guess if you consider getting bent over and raped in the azz "action" then, yep, I got some! As far as "perks", if you believe that their leaving out one of my fairing bolts makes my bike lighter and faster, then, hell yeah, I got some perks too! For the record people, the correct charge procedure on the Yuasa YT12A-BS battery is as follows- Standard Rate = 1.2 amps for 5-10 hours, Quick Rate = 5 amps for 1 hour. It's printed right on the battery. If, on the other hand, you think that you would like to have to replace your battery, swingarm, chain, belly pan and foot peg mount, then by all means use the method that my dealer did- which is 14 AMPS FOR HALF AN HOUR. It's guaranteed to shorten the service life of your battery, possibly burst the seams and cause leaking, hell it just might even blow up. It cost the dealer over 2 grand to make my bike right and it cost me over a month of downtime, a bunch of phone calls and a little over $200 dollars in gas and trailer rentals. All of this aggravation because someone tried to rush a battery into service.  
soapbox.gif

rant.gif
zukracer- Good luck with your problems, I hope you have better results than I did. As for me, my experience with Suzuki Customer Service has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a bleeding azzhole
crazy.gif
I swear if my Hayabusa didn't pull like a runaway freight train I'd trade it off on another make. Lord have mercy on my poor addicted soul.  
race.gif
Same shid happened to me one day after I got my bike.
I was so pist.

I'm still trying to digest the $120 you paid to mount some tires.  
wow.gif
hmm, well yeah, it was kinda a poke in the anus but I needed to have them changed that day, which they did do, so that I could ride it up to VA for the weekend.... turns out the starter issue screwed me

yeah, I just hope the bastids get it all done before the trip at the end of the month.... well I mean it better be fixed by mon/tues next week but for sure by the end of the month!
wow.gif

Back