Too late to start over... school

mynewride

Registered
Well while I had a little time off I spent some time thinking about my career. I'm tired of physical work as an electrician. So I decided to enroll in college. I'm working on getting into KU's pharmacy school. Its going to be a very tough road but I'm going for it. I want to be able to provide better for my growing family and this is the only way I know how to do it. Guess selling drugs is the best way to make a living :p

Not my cup of tea but an excellent way to provide for a family. Great hours and very good pay.
Best of luck to you in the new endeavor!

Well while I had a little time off I spent some time thinking about my career. I'm tired of physical work as an electrician. So I decided to enroll in college. I'm working on getting into KU's pharmacy school. Its going to be a very tough road but I'm going for it. I want to be able to provide better for my growing family and this is the only way I know how to do it. Guess selling drugs is the best way to make a living :p

Stay off the corners :laugh:

I hope you make it. The pay is great, job security is unreal. Best of luck.

I will say this, The time will fly by as you are in school and you will never regret it!!
I learned hard physical work isnt for me either and went to school and it was the best 2 years
I sacrificed!! I would do it all over again cause it pays off! Nothing like having a job you enjoy
and isnt physically hard on your body. You will have to make sacrifices while you are in school
but it pays off.

we'll its a 6-7 yr adventure. Will walk away with a PhD and 100% job placement. My daughters will be 6 & 8 when I graduate. The hard part is just getting into the school. They only accept 150 applicants out of an average 2000+ every year. That is what scares me most. First I must complete my pre pharmacy school.

Good luck!

Getting more schooling or training is always a good thing to do.
Just hang in there. Like you said it is years of it!

its never to late. i went back at 35. best thing i ever did. hard work but worth it.

Back