Using the Org's infinite widsom

likeapuma

Registered
I just got out of the Army after 5 years working as an MP (still on 2 months paid vacation!). I was debating whether or not to us my GI bill for school or to find a career. I didn't realize I make as much as I do in housing allowance, so I'm about 98% sure I'm going back to school.

Before the Army I did 1 year at a community college in pursuit of a degree in criminial justice. I'd rather switch to something else so that I have 2 choices to fall back on. I really have no idea what to go back for, possibly environmental science so I could become a Conservation Officer (read: Game Warden).

Since many of you on here seem like successful people, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on to what sort of fields are worth getting a degree in. My big thing is to be financially sound for my family. Outdoors is always nicer, since I'm too big for a cubicle :p

p.s. The busa is on it's way from Hawaii...takes almost 2 months to get here, with all this sunny weather (today was a little too warm for me, 102)

If you liked being an MP, then you are already halfway there to be a LEO/Game Warden, etc. (should that be your choice). One of the great things about the Army is, not only providing you the self-discipline found lacking in a lot of today's youth, but also a job-skill that you can carry over into a civilian career field. Also remember you get veteran's preference in a lot of places. SOLDIER means to employers that you are (were) drug free, above-average shape/health, self discipline. GO TO SCHOOL and use that GI Bill you earned, the older you get the more excuses you'll find not to do it, and I can promise it will earn you higher pay in the future.

Having said all that, I was an Armor Officer with a business degree (everything's pretty much a business)....Thank you for your service!

braddah stay local, go HPD and enjoy good life using the busa as your duty vehicle... madz the O/T on the side...the no can attitute and plate luch free..shoots:laugh::laugh:

Back