Tomorrow starts 1st Motorcycle vacation

It may sound like a silly question Bryan, but why take a .357 Mag with you?
Do you always travel armed?
Is it really that dangerous out there?
I can not imagine what it is like to carry a weapon . . . never have and hopefully never will.
I don't carry a 357 but after the craziness last year I did get my license and most of the time now I carry my 9mm with me. I think I posted about it but there was a couple of cars that were running bikes of the road during the time all the protests were going strong. I know 1 person that watched him brother from the m/c get shot and chased after but lost the suv. I live right outside Detroit (about 3 miles from 8 mile road if you've ever seen the movie :laugh:) and I have been robbed at gun point and witnessed a lot more so I find it just makes sense to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Made it to the Lodge on Talimena parkway. Staying at Queen Wihelmia Lodge named after Queen of Holland
20210416_164753.jpg
20210416_164800.jpg
20210416_164811.jpg
20210416_170018.jpg

It can be very dangerous in the US . Mostly larger cities , but weird stuff can happen anywhere .
Arkansas is a Open carry state . I like the J frame .357 for concealment , reliability , and when hiking with family a few rounds of Snake shoot for a couple of rounds in cylinder followed by three of the hard hitting stuff .
In my life time so far i've had to use a pistol more often than many police officers ( uniform aids them ) to prevent self harm / robbery / and harm to others by assaults' . Thankfully never had to shoot a person but its been close .
I believe all my friends also travel armed .
Hi. I live close to Boston, Fall River and New Bedford Ma. I have only had to pull my gun 1 time, when I ran into a house that a older lady came running out of and said someone was in her house. I did not find anyone, but the back door was open. I have a range in my back yard and shoot 1000's of rounds a year. I took am 8 day course and fired 2500 rounds in 8 days. I have taken many shoot don't shoot courses too. My daughter is married to a Federal Air Marshall. I Nam I was shot at many many times and have 51 cal bullets fly by my head. And as you know I was shot. So I will not panic Stay clam and return fire!

Made it to the Lodge on Talimena parkway. Staying at Queen Wihelmia Lodge named after Queen of Holland View attachment 1634411View attachment 1634412View attachment 1634413View attachment 1634414

Bad luck running into weather like that. What was the forecast? I’ve been caught out on tour a few times, once in Idaho a hail storm came up a few miles from a cafe I’d stopped at. No cover anywhere! I quickly returned and they let me use their outdoor ‘floor mats’, those big ones to scrape your feet on before entering, to cover the bike. The few cars outside got some damage, mostly little pebble sized dents peppered all over. My bike was saved though. My daughter and I, she on her SV650 and me on my 79 CBX, got caught as snow began for only a few miles then turned into a hard cold rain...for about 300 miles! Thankfully it was all on a freeway. No Frogg Toggs, just regular textile gear. Got pretty wet. Stopped under a couple overpasses for a break. Actually, we had a great time.

Reactions: c10
I don't carry a 357 but after the craziness last year I did get my license and most of the time now I carry my 9mm with me. I think I posted about it but there was a couple of cars that were running bikes of the road during the time all the protests were going strong. I know 1 person that watched him brother from the m/c get shot and chased after but lost the suv. I live right outside Detroit (about 3 miles from 8 mile road if you've ever seen the movie :laugh:) and I have been robbed at gun point and witnessed a lot more so I find it just makes sense to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
I always carry on trips. Solid idea

Are you going to be around bull shoals lake at all? If so take some pics I would love to see them. Havent been around there since I was a kid

Back